008.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER EIGHT✎

✎ . . . on the road again

𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 her chest as she sat on the floor of the rv. she thought about everything that's happened the past few days. the amount of people the groups lost already. just under a week. amy, jim, jacqui, morales and his family, the many people that died the night camp was attacked. luci.

            since the night at the cdc, camila distanced herself from the group. even glenn and t-dog who were her closest friends. she was afraid to lose them. she was afraid of getting too attached as now she knew how easy and quick they could be gone. her only priority was charlotte.

            "cam? you okay in there?" glenn spoke softly, knocking on the door of the rv bathroom. "we're stopped for a bit. there's a ton of cars on the highway, everyone's gonna go check em' out."

            "i'm alright, don't worry about me." camila assured as she stepped out of the bathroom and put on a small smile. she grabbed her bag off the table where charlotte was coloring. "hi baby, what are you drawing?" cam asked in a sweet voice, just the sight of the toddler made her feel more at ease. "a picture of me and you and daddy." charlotte didn't hesitate, catching camila off guard. charlotte glanced up for a moment before pointing back to the picture, at a stick-figure with dark hair, also the only person in the picture who was crying. "this ones daddy." camila frowned. "why is daddy crying?"

            "he's sad because he's lost." the four year old explained. "we left him and now he's lost."

            before camila could say anything glenn came back out of the back room. "ready?" camila nodded, giving charlotte a kiss on her head before leaving the rv. the rest of the group was already scattered across the highway while dale sat on the roof of the rv, keeping watch.

"cam! where are you going?" carl rushed to the girl's side, pulling at her sleeve. "i'm gonna go look through cars, see if i can find anything useful."

"oo! can i come?" camila bit her lip in thought. "only if its okay with your mom and dad, deal?" camila couldn't help but have a soft spot when it came to carl and sophia.

carl ran up to his parents, "mom, can i go with camila to look for supplies?" rick glanced to his wife, back to camila and nodded, letting her know he was fine with it. "okay, but stay where she can see you okay? and i don't want to hear that you weren't listening!" carl grinned widely and skipped back over to camila. "they said yes!" cam smiled at how excited the boy was, she held onto his hand and they began searching through cars.