019.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER NINETEEN✎

✎ . . . we're all infected

"—𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄." Lori spoke as the trio stepped inside Hershel's living room, shutting the door behind them. "And if Randall comes back, we're going to need you here." She finished, glancing around the room with a harsh glare. Camila immediately went over to Charlotte, scooping the young girl up into her arms.

"You alright?" Cam asked quietly. Charlotte nodded, a small smile on her face.

Daryl looked around the room, noticing two people still missing from the group. "Rick and Shane ain't back?" Lori shook her head, nervously biting at her thumb nail.

"We heard a shot."

"Maybe they found Randall." Lori suggested.

Camila bit her lip, setting Charlotte down on the couch. "No, we just found him."

"Is he back in the shed?" Maggie piped up.

"He was a walker."

"Did you find the walker that bit him?" Hershel asked calmly.

"No, weird thing is... he wasn't bit."

"But his neck was snapped." Daryl added on.

"So, he fought back." Patricia said before looking at Daryl for confirmation, he nodded.

"The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. and Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together."

"Would you please just get back out there and find Rick and Shane?" Lori pleaded desperately. Daryl nodded his head.

"Sure thing."

—But as soon as him, Andrea, Glenn, and Camila made it back out onto the porch, the massive herd of walkers was already at the fence, and the fence wasn't holding.

"I'll go get the guns," Andrea announced before hurrying inside. By now the whole group stood on Hershel's porch.

"Maybe they're just passing by? Like the herd on the highway, we could just stay inside?" Glenn suggested.

"Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about—" Daryl shut down the idea. "—herd that size will tear the house down." Camila finished for him.