012.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER TWELVE✎

✎ . . . nowhere is safe

𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 than it usually would for camila to make it back to the farm with how her ankle was, but she managed.

"you seriously let her stay out there alone? are you crazy?!" glenn scolded rick and shane as he grabbed a small box of ammunition out of the rv.

rick set his hand on glenn's shoulder, trying to calm him down. "glenn, i'm sure she just got held up by something. she'll be back soon enough, we shouldn't start to worry just yet. it's only been a couple of hours."

camila noticed glenn rushing around the rv with rick and shane behind him, glenn seemed upset over something. "why's your face all red? you look like a damn tomato, glenn." camila said as she walked up behind the trio.

"jesus christ, cam!" glenn exclaimed as he whipped around, almost knocking the poor girl over. "you scared me!" glenn wrapped his arms around his best friends shoulders, "don't ever do that again. are you okay? did you get hurt?" glenn held onto camila's shoulders, as if she was a balloon, a balloon ready to float away if he were to let go even for just a second.

"glenn, calm down, okay? i'm fine. i fell and hurt my ankle, but it isn't too bad." camila continued to assure glenn she was fine but he insisted on going to hershel.

"maybe it is a good idea just to get it checked out. make sure it isn't something to worry about." rick persuaded. now, camila knew it definitely wasn't broken or anything too horrible, or else she wouldn't have been able to walk on it.

            before camila could argue any further, shouts from andrea who was sitting on the roof of the rv turned everyone's attention to what seemed like one of the dead making their way through the field, towards the farm. "walker!" andrea repeated. glenn and camila shared a quick look before they both headed for the green weapons bag.

            "i bet i could nail it from here," andrea crouched down, aiming her rifle at the walker.

            then came shane carrying a pick-axe and t-dog with a baseball bat. "you'd best let us handle this." rick moved toward the pair with a hand up, "shane, hold up. hershel wants to deal with walkers." rick protested.

"what for, man? we got it covered." shane argued back. camila and glenn joined a moment later, each carrying a hand-gun. rick cursed, rushing into the rv to grab his iconic python before following everyone else out into the field.