009.

ACT TWO ; CHAPTER NINE✎

✎ . . . church bells

𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄, 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 the call that the group would go out looking for sophia today. they couldn't leave her out there for too long, she's just a kid. the group each got one of the weapons carl found in one of the cars yesterday. camila took a handgun and some ammo, along with her throwing blades that she had kept in her backpack.

            cam glanced over at rick and lori who were arguing over wether or not carl should be able to go with the group or stay with dale and t-dog. "well he has all of you to look after him!" dale told the married couple. "plus, i'm sure camila will help take good care of him. he's in good hands." lori did not like to hear that.

            carl turned to camila, giving her a small smile and a thumbs up. she remembered her talk with rick last night and she couldn't help but feel bad. "okay— fine. but stay within our sight the whole time, no exceptions." rick said after a moment of silence. carl cheered and thanked his dad.

            the group began moving into the woods, leaving t-dog and dale behind. "camila wait one second!" the girl turned around to see dale walking over to her. "what's wrong?" she questioned. "please, be safe. i'd prefer you came back in one piece." camila smiled at the older man's concern. "always, dale!" dale pulled the girl in for a quick hug before she rushed off to catch up with the rest of the group. "and don't worry about charlotte, i'll make sure nothing will happen to her!" dale yelled after her.

            though sometimes camila got annoyed over dale caring so much for her safety, deep down she truly appreciated him. since the beginning dale became almost like a father-figure to her and sort of like a grandfather to charlotte and for that she was greatful.

            "shane look!" shane didn't even bother to look at whatever carl was trying to show him. "dad said i could carry it around if i—"

            "keep it down! we're out here lookin' for sophia. you need to focus on the task." shane hissed. carl frowned and slowed his pace to walk
by his mother. camila shot shane a glare which he caught out of the corner of his eye. "spit it out."

            "i can see that you love that kid. so why are you being a dick? you were fine at the quarry." she pointed out. shane only shrugged, "we're out here lookin' for sophia. besides, i don't know what you're talkin' about."

            daryl stopped the group as he saw a tent up ahead, he instructed the others to stay quiet while him, camila, and rick checked the tent. daryl lifted the tent flap ever so slightly to peek inside with rick and camila just meters away from him. after daryl ducked his head out, he nodded to rick, letting him know he could get carol now. rick whispered something into carol's ear that camila couldn't quite understand but she got an idea once carol started calling out, "sophia? sophia baby, it's mommy! we're all here baby."