Izumi vs (Y/n)

"You freaking moron!" (Y/n) shouted at Izumi. "You ruined it!"

Izumi stood behind Shuu frightened to death. "C'mon (Y/n) he didn't mean it!" Inuzuka argued.

"...looks like (Y/n)-san snapped..." Yui muttered.

"I'll get Shikimori," Kyou rushed out of the classroom. 

"Shuu get out of the way so I can teach this dummy a lesson!" 

Inuzuka shook his choppy, ash-blond hair really fast, and stood his ground. But anybody could see that he was shaking, for he was only a squirrel against (Y/n).

(Y/n) clutched his drawing in his hand, and held it up. "Somehow this kid spills water on my art from the other side of the class!"

"s-s-sorry..." Izumi's purple eyes shined since he was about to tear up.

"Sorry?!" (Y/n) walked up to both the boys ready to fight.

Inuzuka was well aware of (Y/n)'s beastly strength and backed up slightly. "Run Izumi!" he grabbed Izumi's skinny hand and dashed around (Y/n).

"Get back here!"

(Y/n) chased the boys, jumping over the desks and seats to catch up to them. They ran around the classroom as if to move in a repeating clockwork. "This! Is! The! Third! Time!" (Y/n) growled.

Suddenly, he felt a strong pull on his collar and was yanked backward to the ground. "Oww!" the raging bull cried.

"What's going on..." Shikimori glared down at (Y/n) holding him back with one hand.

The slender girl's hand seemed to have veins popping out of it and her knuckles stuck out like sharp rocks. She quickly looked at Izumi to make sure he was unscratched. When Izumi was in trouble, Shizimori was at the scene. That's the kind of couple they were.

Not to mention, Shizimori was incredibly brutal with anyone who messed with Izumi: a dark, foggy aurora surrounded the seemingly innocent girl.

"Izumi spilled water on (Y/n)'s drawing, and (Y/n) got angry," Yui explained quietly.

"Seriously! You never change (Y/n)." Shikimori dropped him to the ground. 

"He ruined my art! Three times! Three! How is that a coincidence?"

"Izumi-san would never mean to do that, right? You know that very well!"

Izumi looked down at the ground with a sad and frustrated expression. "I..." Izumi mumbled. "I'm so sorry (Y/n)... I would've done anything to not ruin your hard work... I'm just so... so useless..."

(Y/n) gritted his teeth for a second while everyone carefully waited for his next move. He shut his eyes closed tightly, lifted his chin, and sighed. "No I... I should be sorry" (Y/n) looked down guiltly. 

Everybody looked at him in surprise. "I was immature," (Y/n) declared. "I'm sorry Izumi... everyone. " 

"Ah... it's okay (Y/n)-san," Izumi smiled gently. 

(Y/n) scratched his neck feeling a bit flustered and shocked at his own attitude.

"Hah!" Kyou slapped (Y/n) on the back. "You've grown a bit!"

(Y/n) quickly stole a glance at Shikimori, and caught her trying to hold back a proud smile too.

"S'okay (Y/n)," Inuzuka gave him an okay hand sign.

"Ya," Yui slowly pumped her fist.

At least today Izumi didn't spend the rest of the day with Shikimori tending his bruises. Perhaps that was a relief to (Y/n). Perhaps that's why he didn't let the conflict go on like always. Instead, the rest of the school was filled with notes of the significance of the renaissance. 

Once class ended Yui, Kyou, and Inuzuka were the first to leave. "We're heading out guys," Inuzuka said. "And (Y/n)! I'm so proud of you."

"Just shut up," he responded.

"They grow up so quick!" Inuzuka sobbed.

"Oh my god..." (Y/n) slapped his face.

Both of the boys knew each other ever since Y/n joined the school.

"Alright," Shikimori said. "Izumi, you can go I'll catch up to you."

Izumi nodded and followed the others. Though (Y/n) never liked to admit it, he couldn't ask for better friends, and... could never ask to look at something more beautiful than Shikimori-san. 

"Either you're punching someone or you're being an adult, (Y/n)," the pink-haired girl nudged him with her elbow, grinning. 

"Same to you," (Y/n) retorted.

"Eh?! I'm nothing like you."

"Yeah, you are."

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes."

"No!"

Both of them went back and forth for a while until (Y/n) got tired and told Shikimori that she should catch up to the others. "Are you coming with us?" Shikimori said. 

"Nah," (Y/n) said simply. 

"Ah... alright. Bye (Y/n)."

The girl bolted out of the room, probably to catch up to Izumi. What was so special about Izumi anyways? (Y/n) wondered.

(Y/n) uncrumpled his soggy drawing, revealing an intricate pencil design of none other than Shikimori herself. Half of her face was dissolved in the spillage, while the other half remained barely intact. 

He sighed and threw it away. "Despite everything I still like her," (Y/n) whispered to himself. "...I'm so... pathetic."