Pitter patter, pitter patter

Pitter patter, pitter patter,

I want to play in the rain!

Pitter patter, pitter patter,

Drops on the window pane.

Pitter patter, pitter patter,

Friends playing in the water

Pitter patter, pitter patter, 

Nothing will ever matter.

Y/n mouth hung in disbelief at Shuu. 

"It's true isn't it?" Shuu said. 

Y/n couldn't respond with words. How did Shuu know?

"I knew it for a while Y/n... just the way you talk with her gave it away, but I didn't think let that get to you."

"Don't misunderstand," Y/n interrupted harshly. "Izumi started it."

"But your crush on Shikimori still played in right?"

The cat caught Y/n tongue, and Shuu let out a huge sigh. 

"I don't know what happened to Izumi... he's not the same guy I knew... and neither is his relationship anymore."

There was the churning burn in Y/n's belly again that he felt last night. "I don't know anymore Y/n... all the good things are slipping away... I just want you to stop obsessing over Shikimori, because... I'm losing my friends."

"...You think this is my fault?"

"Yes... to be honest I do."

Y/n stayed silent and looked down at the concrete floor. "...I hate all of you," Y/n finally muttered. "I wish I never moved here. I wish I didn't have to pretend to be friends with you all. I wish you guys never pretended to be friends with me."

And with that, Y/n walked away.

_____

Pitter patter, pitter patter.

Izumi walked into his darkened home, treading each step lightly. "Izumi is that you?" a deep voice called from the living room.

"...Yeah," Izumi replied quietly and hesitantly.

"Go finish your homework, and prepare for your exams... I don't even know if you'll be able to get into a good college anymore... not with your current academic report."

"Yeah..." Izumi brushed his bruised cheek.

"You have to get at least two hours of prep for your exams every day from now on so you can make up for your last exams."

Izumi went upstairs and threw his bag on the floor. 

He fell onto the ground and began doing push-ups. Sweat formed on his forehead, and his arms felt a light burn. But before long he felt a painful tightening across his entire body. "Owww..."

Y/n punches had left a devasting impact on Izumi. The soreness had lasted for days and wouldn't leave. He curled himself up like a porcupine. "Owwwwwww..."

I can't even call Shikimori, Izumi thought. What's the point anymore?

There was still heavy rain outside. "I need to see her," Izumi thought out loud. "I need to say sorry..."

He snatched his raincoat and flew out of the house. He heard his parents call for him, but now he couldn't look back. Shikimori! he thought.

Hot tears ran down his face, and the rain melted into his eyes. "Shikimori!" he yelled out to the sky.

But his cry was muffled by the storm.

Pitter patter, pitter patter.

Izumi kept running through the rain. His whole body was cold now. "Shikimori!" he cried again.

The lightning shattered his eardrums. "Shikimori!"

The puddles began to grow bigger. "...Shikimori!"

And then Izumi took his final step.

He slipped in slow motion as if a camera had clicked to capture the moment.

His head fell back onto the concrete floor and dark puddles. 

"...Shikimori..." he spoke in a slurred language. 

His eyes stared at the rain clouds as the tears and raindrops ran down his cheeks.

It felt like his soul was departing from the back of his mind, into the puddles. The clouds watched red drain out of Izumi and onto the streets to create a small flower.

 "...Shikimori... I love... you..."

Pitter patter, pitter patter.