Time and Gold

"Can you understand it now Y/n?" Izumi shouted. "The feeling of being alive!"

Izumi latched onto the back of Y/n's shirt and kneed him right in the liver. The pain stole Y/n's breath and spread across his body like wildfire. "You moron..." Y/n gasped. "In a fight... my only rule... is an eye for an eye!"

Y/n stuck his knee into the center of Izumi's stomach. Y/n's legs were the equivalent of a stallion's but Izumi stubbornly kept his consciousness.

He shoved Y/n into a locker, and shriveled up, wrapping his hands around his stomach.

"Heh," Izumi awfully grinned at Y/n. "You really are stronger."

"How are you still conscious," Y/n puffed. "You sick moron?"

"Oh Y/n... hehe..." Izumi giggled, and tightly gripped his belly. "Owww... You... already know why... It's the same reason you're breathless right now. The reason I'm still conscious... is that I love this. You can suddenly feel every part of your body... it's like my blood suddenly turns into molten iron."

Y/n could suddenly feel his heart: its pounding against his chest, the blood flowing in and out of it, the sound of it drumming.

"You feel it too don't you Y/n? Being alive? Hehe..." Izumi's grin kept getting wider. "I've always been told to be nice... respect others... give to others. Sometimes I felt like an animal in a cage. Beaten when I don't do what I'm supposed to."

Y/n felt dizzy now. Blood was swirling through his brain, and pounded against his skull. And the pain in his liver started to grow again. He didn't want to be there anymore

"You know Y/n... you've always been a good friend... even though we don't get along."

They both stood like statues for while, trying to hold and control their pain, until suddenly, a teacher appeared. "What's going on?"

_____

Y/n was suspended for a week, while Izumi was suspended for 3 days. 

Y/n's mother seemed to not care at all. Not like she ever cared, Y/n thought when he saw her reaction. 

They were brought to the principal's office, and told that the incident would not go onto his academic record, because of how well he performed in the last semester exam. "His marks improved have improved a lot from his previous performances," Y/n remembered the principal saying. "...and I think he may have the potential to go to a decent university." 

Y/n only remembered his mother thanking the principal in an almost sarcastic way, but he was already quite used to it.

He sat alone in his room wrapped in sheets of thick blankets to warm himself up. "I wanna draw..." Y/n muttered.

His sketchbook stared at him from the corner of his desk. Y/n hadn't touched it since exams, and now his fingers were itching to draw.

Just then, Y/n remembered Shikimori, and his desire to draw dissipated in a moment. 

He slept throughout the day, until his phone started ringing. "Who is it now..." Y/n groaned. 

Y/n grabbed his phone and read the word Shikimori.

Y/n started to feel hot and jumped out of his bed. "Oh god..." he clicked the call button. "H-hello?"

"Hey Y/n I heard what happened," she said almost sternly.

"...I'm sorry..."

"It's okay."

"What?"

"Izumi told me he was the one who started it."

"Oh really?"

Shikimori went quiet. 

"...It isn't like him is it?"

"No... it's not," Shikimori said.

Y/n was searching his mind for how to comfort her. "Did you talk to him about his... change?"

"I... I don't know how to bring it up," Shikimori sounded painfully sad.

"Hey hey," Y/n made a warm voice. "I'm sure you guys will figure it out."

"I just... I was so happy for him at first... but now..."

Y/n realized he had made a misconception. He thought Shikimori was already head over heels for Izumi now, but it was much more complicated than just passion.

"Talk to Izumi," Y/n said. "Talk it out with him."

"I don't know Y/n."

"Doesn't hurt to try."

"I guess it doesn't," she went silent for while again. 

"I-I mean... if... you don't want to talk with him right now just wait until you feel a little better. I'm not trying to force you to do this... nobody is."

"Thanks Y/n," Shikimori said. "You know... now that I think about it... you've changed a lot too."

Y/n could hear her smile through the phone. "I guess so," he replied.

"Alright, I'll call you later," Shikimori said.

"I'd like that."

"Bye."