Motherhood

Y/n returned to his empty house after a long school day. It was tiring. Shikimori wasn't there; Shuu was quiet all day; Yui and Kyou talked to Y/n distantly.

Is Shuu still mad at me? Y/n thought. I went overboard by saying I hate all of you. Y/n loved all of them. They embraced him when he was new to Japan. But he couldn't help but feel distant. 

After all, in reality, he was a foreigner. They didn't bother inviting him to festivals or Izumi's Otsuya.

Then he was reminded of Izumi. Even though Shuu pulled accusations out of his *** he is right. I did cause Izumi's death without knowing it.

Y/n suddenly heard clanking sounds, like metal cymbals from the kitchen. It was his mother. 

He cautiously approached the kitchen and saw a mess of metal pots on the floor. His mother was resting on the counter, her hair sprawling on the cold, marble surface.

"Mum...?" Y/n croaked.

His mother's eyes glazed upon him through her curtains of hair. Suddenly, the sour, stale smell of rotten green apples hit his nose. 

"...Did you drink?"

His mother just stared at him for a long while before saying anything. "You're so much like your father you know that?"

"What?"

"Every day you hide in your room. All you do is eat, drink, and sleep. You don't bother to greet your mother or tell her goodbye in the morning."

Y/n didn't respond.

"And then there's this stupid country. No friends, no family."

"I'm your family..."

His mother's face scrunched up into such a demonic gaze, that it wasn't horrifying, but rather disgusting.

"Family?" she grunted. "Don't give me that bull. I regret the day you were born. All you are is a burden for me!"

 "I'm so tired, but no one cares! My own son won't come out to greet me!" she began to tear. "I'm sick of my job, of my boss, of this house, of this country!"

From there, Y/n's mind began to mute out everything his mother was shouting. He stood still as a statue watching his mother throw herself around the kitchen, screaming unintelligible noises, and breaking plates.

Y/n could feel his blood turn into ice inside his body, as he waited for the night to end.

The next day, when Y/n woke up his mother had left for office. And he could only remember the night before in bits and pieces.