☡:TWO

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ:
ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ
︎⚠︎

YOU SHOVE THE BAG of potato chips inside the backpack you're wearing. Cramming it inside the limited space where you store all the necessities you grab for yourself.

When you deem that the supplies you looted will be enough for now, you pull the zipper to close and secure it all. The bag is now too bloated and looks like it's in the verge of bursting out. It's a surprise to you that the zipper still managed to remain intact despite of its current state.

Adjusting the loose straps on your shoulder, you pick up the customized baseball bat with spikes that you set on the empty shelf nearby. You keep a firm grip on its handle as you carefully step over the clutter of wasted products laying around. Careful not to make any sound that might attract any unwanted attention.

It was dark inside the store. Electricity was probably cut off for a long while now, leaving you with no other choice but to navigate throughout the place with just the scarce lighting of the sun coming from the glass windows near the entrance. You have a mini flashlight tucked in your back pocket, but you don't want to waste the battery. With limited resources, it's better to save it in case of an emergency.

After avoiding all the scattered junk on the floor like a myriad set of booby traps waiting there for any unfortunate one's doom, you successfully reach to the door. Managing to not produce even a slightest decibel in the whole process.

Accomplishment filling you up, you glance over your shoulder to look back at the dark and treacherous store for the last time before heading out of it. Snatching out a piece of candy you found from your pocket, you tear the wrapper and pop it inside your mouth. You close your eyes in delight. Relishing the sweet strawberry milk flavor in your tastebuds.

Here in the apocalypse, you'll definitely learn how to appreciate even the smallest things.

"Excuse me..."

Your eyes shot open as you crane your neck to your left.

A petite blonde woman stood there. Holding a hand of a young boy whom you presume to be around the age of a kindergartener. "Did you... came from there?"

Seeing her finger point on the store that you just emerged from, you curtly give her a nod before continuing on your way.

But before you can walk past the two of them, her eyes travel over your visibly overloaded bag and the bat you're armed with. Gaping at the sight of it, her arm nimbly stretch out and grab onto the backpack, making you abruptly stop and nearly stumble.

'What the hell?!'

"Did you take all the goods?" She questions you using an accusing tone that you didn't like one bit. It sounds like she's implying like you're some kind of a greedy bitch who hoarded every single supplies to keep for yourself and left the store all hollow out, which you absolutely did not.

'Does my bag looks like it has four dimensional space to you?'

Sheesh, your bag can only fill much.

Your brows scrunch together in annoyance, but after glancing down at the child watching this unfurl, you exhale audibly to calm your nerves. You don't want to have an argument when there's a kid present within the vicinity. It's not an ideal sight for him to witness two adults have a dispute over something that can be settled in a civil way.

"No, ma'am." You answer her tersely. "There's still plenty inside."

Just as you were planning to leave, she tug your bag once again. Pulling your body and causing for you to stagger backwards. "What. Now." A frown appear on your features. The last string of your remaining patience beginning to wear thin at her antics.