☡:SIXTEEN

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ:
ᴋɪss ʜᴏᴍɪᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ
︎⚠︎

IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS since that little escapade you had with your ex. It was witnessed by Eugene and Emcee how shit went down during at the very latter time of the day, and surprisingly enough, they didn't once mention about it again. Also, since then, your treatment on her, although it's not very apparent on the surface, have changed. Others seemed to noticed it, but decides not to pry onto your businesses and just leave you be on whatever conflict you were having.

If you were ignoring Scarlett on the prior weeks before that, you were now flat out ignoring her existence.

Not even bothering to bat an eye on her way. It's as if she's some apparition that a mere normal person like you couldn't see at all.

She, on the other hand, wouldn't stop glaring on your way― not that you could see her actually doing it, but you can practically feel her eyes drilling holes and burning at the back of your head.

To be honest, you actually feel guilty about the insensitive things― although all of it are true anyway― you had said to her and your sister. You didn't have regard for their feelings that night, and spout everything out on impulse. Being driven by your emotions, plus the exhaustion that's amplifying it. But because it was long overdue now to it all take back, you were stuck overthinking of the much better things you could've said in that moment if your head is more clearer, and ended up swimming in your internalized guilt.

"(Name)."

You turn to Harry who tapped your shoulder. "Huh?"

"Nothing. You spaced out there." He softly grins while his other hand were buried in the depths of his pockets, rummaging through it. "Just bringing you back to earth."

"We found this key on a bush." Emcee shows to the group the bronze key in her grasp that her silver haired patrol partner handed to her just now.

"Oh, wow! You guys found a key? That's amazing, we could be saved now!" Eugene pipes up sarcastically, soiling the short girl's enthusiasm and making her give him a pointed glance, along with a pout. Huffing, he crosses his arms and ward off his gaze away from looking at her face. "I don't see anything special about it, unless it opens a room that has some useful stuff inside."

"Well, let's hope it will help us find something that we can make use of." Lawrence smiles as he gently take the key from Emcee's hold and tuck it inside his hooded winter jacket. "For now, everyone can go to their rooms and have some good night's rest."

As if on cue, everyone bid their halfhearted 'goodnight', 'bye', and Ethan who's the only one who mutter 'adiós' before ushering towards the door. Ignoring Scarlett on her way out who purposely bump her shoulder with yours and glare at you from the corner of her eyes as she walk past, you were close to reaching to your room when a voice calls out your name from behind.

"Yo, are you planning to ditch me kid?"

Peering over your shoulder, you see Zion raising an inquisitive brow while staring at you. Clueless, you stare back. "Ditch...? What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? It's our turn for nightwatch, dumbass." He stated in a snarky yet sassy tone like it's the most obvious thing ever, and you should've known about it beforehand. Thick eyebrows narrowing at your response, he adds, "Did you seriously forgot about it?"

"Ah, I kind of did." You titter. Forefinger scratching your cheek sheepishly. "Sorry, kid."

"Geez, you're getting old, huh? Forgetting simple things like that." He leer while transfering his hold of the metal pipe from left to right hand. "And don't call me kid. Only I do that."