☡:FIVE

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ:
ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
⚠︎︎

THE VERY ANTICIPATED tomorrow has finally arrived today. The day when you have to leave your very own shelter, just because four unforseen guys came out of nowhere and destroy everything you had worked so hard to protect for the past three months.

But oh well, now's not the time to brood over that again. In this fucked up world, you were bound to lose the things in the very end, especially the ones that are important to you. May it be a place, a valuable thing, or people. Nothing is permanent these days, so one way or another, you'll have to learn to accept that fact is inevitable because that's just how it is.

Breathing out wistfully, you shut the zipper of your fairly large black backpack close where you stuffed in all of the belongings you deem to be valuable and useful. "Alright," you strap it on and look at them. "Does everyone already got the things they want to bring?"

The boys nod in affirmation. Harry and Eugene were equipped with bags, which you assume to be containing some edible goods they acquired from their raid yesterday. Meanwhile, Zion and Ethan were armed with a metal pipe and bat to use in order to defend the group.

"Good." You mumble and then pass around some granola bars varying in assortment of flavors. "We can't afford to stay any longer, so we'll have a quick breakfast. I can't be too sure how long the front door with rusty old locks can keep the zombies from getting inside." Glancing over the entrance where you can hear the faint gnarly sounds, you tear the wrapper and take a huge bite out of the food. "The sooner we leave, the better."

Eugene whimper incoherently while tearing the plastic of his dry breakfast. He chomp the granola in half and in between his mouthful chews, he asks, "Anyway, what's the plan? How are we going to get out of this building?"

"Well..." drawling out the syllable out, your eyes trail up to the ceiling. "We could go roofing... but that's already crossed out from our options since I kinda led the zombies here into the rooftop back then, and then trap them up there sooo... roofing is a no-go. And if we ever have to go with that plan, we have to get rid of them first." You pause to take another bite. "As far as I remember, I think the zombies there shouldn't be lower than six. We're outnumbered and only three of us have weapons. With the chances of us getting bitten being high, our possibility of survival is fifty-fifty. So it's totally unsafe."

The redhead's thick brows pinch together in query. "So what are you trying to imply then?" He crumple the empty packaging of his unsatisfying light meal and toss it to the loveseat carelessly, making you frown at his sloven display. "That we have to go out there and fight our way to the exit? Is that it?" Zion folds his arms and huff, carelessly slumping down on the small sofa. "Huh, doesn't sound so safe to me. That's a one way ticket to hell."

"Nu-uh, redman. That reduces our possibility of survival to less than fifteen percent since the corridors are full of loitering undead, and we also have to go three floors down at that." Still wanting to keep the place clean even though you're going to leave eventually, you pick up his trash and dispose it properly on the bin along with yours. "We're going―" you throw your finger to the direction of the opened window. "That way."

"The window?" Harry's confused gaze moves to you from the framework you're pointing at, then towards the heap of tousled blankets you motion by nodding your head onto that they didn't bother folding after they woke up. Getting the gist of what you were trying to insinuate, his mouth slightly parts in realization. "Oh."

"Yeah. Did you take some knotting lessons? 'Cause like, we'll be needing some really good skills at that." Taking a short trip back to your room, you made an appearance once again with a relatively high pile of neatly folded blankets you gathered from the same old cabinet. "Anyways, help me knotting these altogether so we can leave already, will you?" You drop them off on the loveseat beside Zion. "We need them real nice and tight."