☡:SIX

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx:
ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ
︎⚠︎

HASTE STRIDE after stride is what your group been doing for who knows how long had it already been. No matter how much you try to pick up your pace, you can't seem to lose and get the throng of zombies off your back that's hot on your trail.

With a speed like that, you wouldn't even think that they're already a bunch of rotting corpses.

"We're already miles away from the apartment complex!" You shout through the sounds of heavy footsteps and gnarls from behind without any care about how loud you were being. The zombies were already following you guys so, what risk is there to be cautious about anymore? "Are we almost there?!"

'Please tell me we are!' You plead internally, feeling your lungs burning like fire and every inch of fiber in your legs aching. 'Or I will seriously gonna make a U-turn right now and just feed myself to the goddamn zombies becAUSE I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

"It's around this―" Zion abruptly cut himself off when his eyes catches the sight of the familiar towering gates of the school. "There! There it is!" He shot his finger forward to point it excitedly. "That's the high school! Oh God, fucking finally!" He exclaims. Feeling his dwindling energy and hope renewing at the view of the establishment. "C'mon! Let's hurry up!"

Everyone picks up their pace. But as soon as you reach the gates, it seems like your arrival is not anticipated and you guys are not welcome inside.

To put it succinctly in simpler words, it was locked firmly.

"Oh no..." the silver haired male huffs tiredly. Mauve eyes growing forlorn. "We can't open it."

"Damn it!" Eugene bares his teeth aggressively together in frustration. Banging on the towering metal barrier that's hindering the group from entering the campus. To no avail, it didn't even budge. Only barely moving, as if mocking the capability of his strength. "It's locked, we're fucked!" Realizing what he's doing is futile, he then grab onto the iron bars with both hands and shake it with all his might like his life depends on it­― which is actually his current predicament. As it rattle with loud creaks, Eugene hollers out, "Let us in! LET US IN!!!"

"I don't wanna get mauled out here!" Zion tries to clobber the gate with his bare fists. "FUCK!" He cry out in pain, quickly retracting his hand like his knuckles just got singed upon realizing how dumb his initial move was. Hissing through his gritted teeth, he use his metal pipe to hit it aggressively before opting to just kicking the hell out of it. "Come on! Why won't you open up already, you piece of shit?!"

If the situation isn't so dire, you would've definitely laugh your ass off.

You start to back away. Eyes measuring the distance that'll be enough to you gain momentum, and build up acceleration that will help to strengthen the force.

"Can't the other guys hear us from here?" Harry asks while looking through the gaps between the bars to peer at the school building standing tall from a distance.

"I don't think so." The grimacing Ethan says as his eyes widen in alarm when he sees an incoming zombie faster than the rest prowling behind you. "Watch out!" With a firm grip on his bat, he quickly bash the weapon on its skull with such perilous strength that it drop down dead like a fly that just got swatted. He look at the others crowding around the locked metal barrier. "Hurry! They're closing in!"

Zion's forehead creases in anger as he snap his head towards the athletic boy. "We're trying―"

"PLEASE GET OUT OF THE WAY!!"