Chapter 8

As Easter comes along. The town becomes a festive place as the Easter carnival preparations begin. The one event, other than Christmas, that people actually take part in. The rumors about the event spread so quick that people from other countries come to enjoy all the festivities. But as rumors spread they can draw the wrong kind of attent ion. As two siblings travel across the country, they are in search to see if the rumors were true about their baby brothers whereabouts after not hearing from him for so long.

A Week Before

The twins had just received a phone call about their little brother. And about what their father did to him as well. And if things weren't bad enough. Their mothers anniversary was coming up soon.
"So let's recap." Krystal begin to speak.
"We left for college leaving Rocky with dad. Dad starts abusing rox, and Dad proceeds to use Rocky's body for his on self pleasure because torturing him apparently wasn't enough for him to be satisfied! And now Rox is missing!?" Krystal began to shout the more frustrated she became.

   Jax was looking down on the floor still trying to wrap his head around all of this. "I can't believe this is happening." Krystal scoffed at Jax. "I mean it makes sense. Rocky hasn't texted nor called us in all the time we've been gone, and he soalizes with nobody else except us." Krystal felt like she was going to explode if she thought about it anymore. Then an idea popped into Jax's head. " We need to find him?!" Jax blurted out with no hesitation. Krystal looked at her twin like he was someone entirely different. "I'm sorry repeat that again I thought you were someone else other than my idiot brother." She hissed as she crossed her arms. "First off, ouch. And second, we have to go get him. He's our little brother we have find him and take him home with us." Jax stated. "That's what I thought you said. Now how the hell are we going to find him. He could literally be anywhere." Krystal said. Jax looked up at Krystal and grinned a cocky grin. See Krystal knew a lot of things about her brother, but one thing she didn't know is that Jax is a pro at getting information, aka hacking. Because of this amazing skill and with the help of the popo, Krystal and Jax were able to figure almost exactly where their brother could be.

꧁𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲꧂

Krystal and Jax had been given a few locations from the police based on what they got from other police stations. They checked almost every location and they were running out of time and patience. They were beginning to lose hope as well. Finally, the twins arrive into a town that seemed festive and full of excitement. Children running up and down the sidewalk. The smell of roses lingers in the air. But not everyone enjoyed the smell of flowers. Because where there are flowers, there's pollen.

    Walking down the street Krystal, getting ready to commit murder, was struggling to control her allergies. As she struggled not to sneeze, she looked a complete fool. Krystal had a reason for doing this seeing as she does this every spring. When she sneezes it's like a volcanic eruption. And it's so aggressive that when it happens she gets pushed back. "Get it together Kris we're almost there. I'd love it if you could stay in one piece before we there mmm'kay!" He said as he continued to walk faster. One of these days I'll kill you myself , Kris thought to herself as she continued to plan Jax's funeral.

   As they followed the map it was only a matter of time before they eventually became sidetracked. So much that it threw them off track and they began to realize that they haven't eatin since they left their home. Jaxs stomach roared with hunger. However Krystal on the seemed fine but she knew that it wasn't her hunger she was worried about. All Krystal knew was that she had a great sense of smell. Unlike her brother she could sniff out anything. Krystal caught a whiff of something so sweet her attitude changed from hopeless to hopeful. "Kris? What is it? Do you smell something?! Is it food?!?!" Jax bombarded her with questions.

   Kris just walked off sniffing the air in hopes of finding out where that lovely scent was coming from. "It's this way I'm sure of it." Kris said. The twins had found themselves running into the parking lot of restaurant. "What kinda name is The Joint?" Krystal said placing her hands on her hips. "WHO CARES THE FOOD SMELLS DELICIOUS!!" Jax shouted dragging Krystal into the restaurant. Inside the place was filled with color although it looked like your basic average 90s diner on the outside. The place was something entirely new. "Table for two?" A voice broke their amazement. A boy with pasty skin, and bunny ears and a aqua colored eye. "Uhhhhhh yes?" Krystal replied. But before the waiter could answer. "What happened to your eye?" Jax questioned. Krystal jabbed Jax with her elbow as a sign telling him to shut up.

   The waiter was silent. "Follow me to your booth and someone will be with you shortly." He said as he led them to a booth by the bar. Once they sat down, Krystal thanked the waiter. "Jax what the hell was that?!" Krystal whispered loudly. Jax's tilted his head in confusion. "You do not just ask about something like! You remember what happened last you asked a question like that don't you!?" Krystal snarled. Jax knew to stay quiet when she's aggravated. Krystal was about to continue her rant but another waiter came. "Hello welcome to The Joint what kind of drinks can I get you...today." The waiters voice dragged as he realized that these two weren't anybody random. They were his siblings. Rocky stood there, frozen. Krystal and Jax were the same state. The only reason they was  recognized him because of his floppy ear and the darker patch of fur on his right eye. "Rox. Is that really you?" Krystal spoke up. Tears started forming. But before either of them could say anything else, Rocky had already ran back into the kitchen. Minutes later, Ivy came to serve them their food and because of the situation they were asked to leave after they were done eating. The twins understood. But they wished they could get a few more words in like 'we missed you and we heard what happened' or 'it's been so long since we've seen you'. The twins were thinking about the their baby brother the entire time and what they were thinking about what they were going to do next.

To be continued.....