Chapter 2

Chase's pov
I was awaken by the morning light. Maybe someone else is awake. I got out of bed and put on a shirt since sleep without one. I open my curtains to look outside. It must've snowed overnight., hope none of us have to go anywhere. But before I left to head downstairs something caught my eye. Rocky was outside in the clothing Skye found him in. What is he doing out there it's like freezing outside I thought. Before I could do anything the second I blinked Rocky was gone. Wait what. He was just there. He probably saw me and went inside.

Rocky was wearing something like this btw

Marshall's pov
I was up all night drawing and sketching in the dark and yet everytime it ends up perfect. I'm so tired. But then again it is my fault I stayed up all night. Almost collapsing out of pure exhaustion Rocky came threw the back door and he was muttering something. "Oh hey uhh...Marshall was it?" He said.

"Yep. That's me,"
"Hey Rocky." I responded trying to stay awake.

    "Well someone was up all night." Rocky said in a judging matter.

   "Hey watch it. I'm just a night owl that's all." I lied to defend myself. "Wait how did you know I was even up all night?!". "You left your door cracked open enough to see that you like to draw in the dark."

I feel like I have been exposed.

   We sat there and talked for awhile and I was starting to think Rocky was warming up to me. But something still concerns me. How did he end up like this. I didn't want to make him sad or anything so I kept to myself. But me being me, he noticed that I was thinking about something and wasn't even paying attention. "MARSHALL!" He yelled loud enough to snap me out of it. Oh shit, great job Marshall.

Rocky's pov
As Marshall regained his train of thought, I knew he was thinking about something. I wanted to know but I feel like I already had a pretty good guess on what it was. "Sorry Rocky I was just thinking of something and got distracted." Marshall said as he gave a nervous laugh. "What were you thinking about?" I asked already knowing the answer. Marshall did nothing but let out a deep sigh.

   Marshall is a kind soul so I guess he would've started wondering about how I ended up this waysooner or later. "Sorry Rocky. I didn't want to bother you about it, but curiosity got the best of me." The dally looked like he was embarrassed. I mean he's a good person but I dont think I can tell him. But I'm gonna have to tell them sooner or later. And I'd rather go threw all the all the tears and ' I'm so sorry ' sooner than later. I sighed as I got up and walked over to Marshall.

  "Maybe someday Marshall. But not right now, deal?" I said as I held my hand out. "Deal." The dally got up and grabbed my hand." I'm gonna go outside and play in the snow wanna come?". "Nah, I think I'm just gonna stay inside for now." But by the time I finished Marshall was already up the stairs. I giggled a bit. I decided to go back to my room and just think random thoughts. Maybe that'll make me feel better I thought as I made my way to my room.

Zuma's pov
I was already awake and reading a book I bought because I was bored and wanted something to do. I ended up liking it a lot and reading became a new hobby. I think Rocky might like this book I thought to myself. Ever since Rocky got here I get this feeling that I'm whole, and before there was something missing in my life. "Maybe I should talk to someone about this. But who." I asked myself. I didn't realize until it was too late that Marshall was standing there.

"Hey Mawshall."

"Hi Zuma. What are you doing?" He asked.

  "Well I was just...Hey Mawshall can I ask you something?"

  "Sure, what is it?" He asked.
I couldn't bring myself to speak and I couldn't find the right words either. Deep breathe Zuma it's not a proposal. "Have you ever felt whole when you're around someone?" I finally found the words and Marshall's face expression changed completely. He wasn't just the happy dalmatian we all knew and loved. He was scared of something.

"Well um," He stuttered and tried to calm himself down but couldn't.

"Dude awe you ok. Maybe I should've asked someone els-,"

"No it's fine just....promise you won't tell anyone ok." He said grabbing my arm firmly.

"Ok"

I've never seen Marshall so nervous and scared. Wait yes I have but that was only around- Oh my God no it can't be.

"Ok so um. I like Chase more than a friend. But I can't tell him because I dont want to ruin our friendship. Because he's just so nice and sweet and caring and everything thing about him just makes me love him even more even though can't tell him cause I don't want him to hate me." He taking a deep breath .

I was so shook that I didn't even notice Rocky standing at the doorway.

"Did I hear you correctly?" Rocky said in a shook manner. "

Rocky!? How much did you hear?" Marshall panicked.

"Everything" he answered blankly.

"Please don't tell anyone Rocky. I dont want Chase to think I'm a freak and he won't wanna be my friend anymore.

"I could see the tears forming in his eyes. Marshall hardly ever gets upset about anything. So seeing him like this was hard and I felt bad that he thought Chase would see him like that. "Mawshall he won't think that. And don't think like that fiwst of all." I said.

"Yeah and in my opinion you're a catch. So who wouldn't want to date you." Rocky said trying to help Marshall feel better. As Marshall let the tears fall from his eyes he thanked us and left. As Rocky was about to leave the words left my mouth before I could even think about anything. "What is it Zuma?"
Rocky walked back into my room and sat beside me on the bed. I noticed there was a pink hue was painted on Rocky's face as he tried to hide it.

  "So....what did you want to talk about?" Rocky asked. "Well I wanted to ask if you've ewer felt like you wewe completely whole when you wewe with someone." I blushed even harder, and I didn't want him to notice it so I looked down and acted ashamed. "No not really. And that feeling is called love. But I've never had that." He said. "But recently I have felt that way around someone. But I can't say who." Rocky added. "Can you atleast give me some sowta hint so I can atleast twy and figuwe it out." I asked.

"Please"
"No Zuma"
"Fine then I won't stop until you give me a hint." Rocky's eyes bursted open. "Pleeeaaasseee Wocky" giving him puppy eyes that no one could resist. I noticed that when I call his name he looked the other way. He would blush even harder whenever I would call his name. My speech impediment might not be a burden after all. Then my thoughts were cut off by the sound of someones voice. "Zuma I said no, please just drop it." Rocky said slightly raising his voice. The room was silent. I didn't wanna bother him about it anymore if it was just gonna aggravate him.

"I'm Sor-"

  "Am I interrupting something"
Skye was standing there. "How long have you been standing thewe?" I asked. "I just got here a second ago. Why are you two in the same bed? And why is Marshall sleeping on Chase's shoulder? Did I miss something?" She asked and before we could answer.

  "Oh I just remembered. Rocky we need to buy you some new clothes and a new phone for you! And you know what that meeeeaaannsss!" She said.

O

h god please no

"SHOPPING!!!"