Chapter 1

(Nilans' POV): 

Walking alone in silence, with the only noises being the sounds of nature, I had no idea where in the world I was at or where I was going. But what I did know was that my bey was leading me to a new city with strong bladers. At least I hope that's where she was leading me. "Are you sure, we are going the right way," I asked with an emotionless face. I had never been able to feel any emotions except for negative ones, since I was a child and my bey understood and respected that.

That's when I heard my beys voice, "Yes Mistress, I assure you that we are heading in the right direction." I rolled my eyes and replied, "I told you that you do not have to be so formal with me. We are partners after all." Once again I heard my bey reply, "Very well, Nilan." I nodded. I knew that Alicornias was used to saying mistress as showing respect for her blader and I understood that. But I always felt like she was forcing herself to say that and it always made me feel guilty.

That's when I heard the other voice within my bey, "This is taking forever! When will we arrive?! I want to crush some enemies already!" I angrily replied, "We will arrive when we arrive. Also when we do, we will not be crushing anyone unless they are our true enemies or unless they push us to our limit. Is that understood Nightmaras?!" One final time, I heard my bey replied annoyed, "Fine, whatever." After that it was once again completely silent.

I sighed, I understood how Nightmaras felt wanting to battle, but I wished she would stop wanting to crush the opponent every time not that I could blame her, I was beginning to grow impatient myself. After walking for maybe almost another hour, I heard Alicornias say, "We have arrived Nilan." That's when I looked up and saw we were only a few feet away from Metal city. I was pleased with this information and with that I walked into the city hearing all the bey spirits voices figuring out which ones were strong or weak. I had no business battling weak bladers unless they challenge me. I listened and heard a combination of both strong and weak bey spirits, but what I heard clearly was everyone's will to win and to get stronger even if they lost. But I was so busy listening to the spirits, that I had forgotten to watch where I was going and slammed into someone knocking us both to the ground. Then I looked up and saw a tall, tan skin boy with pine green spiked hair tied back in a ponytail with pointed sky blue eyes similar to a lion angrily starring at me and a reddish brown eye boy with a large build with a stomach to match wearing a white beanie with a bull's head on the side pulled over his short purple hair giving me the same stare as well.