Chapter 2

(Kyoyas' POV):

I had just finished lunch and after getting fed up with a ridiculously annoying conversation with Benkei was getting ready to leave. He had followed me outside after scarfing down the rest of his food. I had only just stepped outside the door when some idiot slams into me and knocks me and themselves to the ground. 'That's it! I have had it with the idiot people of this city!', I thought to myself. That's when I heard Benkei yell, "Kyoya pal, Are you okay?!" Annoyed I replied, "Yeah." I got up and looked at the idiot who slammed into me and saw that they did not look familiar. I realized that they were new in town and I angrily said, "Hey, you need to watch where your going! Just because the streets are quiet, it does not mean that there are not any people walking on them!"

Once I finished talking I immediately heard a girls voice say, "Sorry about that." When I looked down once again saw a girl with brown hair tied back in a ponytail like mine and that went down almost past her waist was starring at me with her crystal blue emotionless eyes obviously waiting for me to reply or something. She was wearing a black long sleeved coat, a dark blue shirt that was the same kind of design as mine, black tight pants, and black combat boots as well. I finally said in a confused tone, "It's fine, just watch where you are going next time." After I said that I looked down to see her nod and start to get up. That's when Benkei walked over to her and offered to help her up, but she just smacked his hand away like she was swatting a fly away from her face. That's when she said with no emotion in her voice, "I do not need any help."

After she said that she started walking away, but then I noticed something that was on the ground. I saw it was a necklace with a crystal heart charm on it with a rainbowed colored liquid inside the heart. I looked at the girl and called out to her without even thinking, "Hey, I think you dropped this." She then turned around and looked at my hand. She walked back up to me keeping a safe distance and I handed the necklace back to her. When our hands touched, I almost thought I felt my pulse increase for a moment. Yeah right, as if that would ever happen.

Then she said thanks and seemed to be thinking for a minute. Then she asked, "Do you know if there is a place here where strong bladers go to battle each other?" I was about to answer when Benkei spoke up before I could and said, "Yeah, we are heading over to the bey stadiums at Bey Park right now. Want to join us?" She hesitated and then once again gave it some thought. Then she nodded in agreement and we began the walk over to the Bey Park together. Then I heard Benkei once again speak, "By the way, I'm Benkei. What's your name?" I did not say my name because I knew she had heard Benkei scream it when she bumped into me earlier. She did not respond for a couple minutes before answering without any emotion, "I'm Nilan Nishiyama, pleasure to meet you, Benkei and Kyoya."