Episode 2: Don't Need A Reason To Save Someone

Here's the next episode. Enjoy!

Midoriya stood there... He just... Stood there... All Might... His childhood hero... Had suddenly turned into a literal twig of a man. It was like... All Might... To Twig Might...

Midoriya: I‐‐ Wait. Who...? What happened, you deflated! Ah! Where'd All Might go? You! You're not him. You're a fake! An imposter!

All Might: I assure you that I am All M‐ Bleh.

All Might suddenly cough up some blood from his mouth, Midoriya screams at the sight of it. All Might wiped the blood from his mouth and sighed.

All Might: You know how guys at the pool are always suckin' in and flexin' and tryin' look buff? I'm like that.

Midoriya: This can't be real! No. I'm dreaming. All Might's a giant of a man who saves everyone. He defeats all obstacles and wins the day with a fearless smile.

All Might: (sighs) There's plenty of fear behind that smile. I'm counting on you to keep your mouth shut. Don't go talking about this online or telling your friends.

Midoriya: Huh...

All Might lifts his shirt and reveals a large scar that covers most of the left side of his chest.

All Might: Pretty gross, right? I got this in a big fight five years back. My respiratory system was basically destroyed. I lost my whole stomach. All the surgeries have pretty much worn me out. And it can't be fixed. Right now, I can only do hero work for about three hours a day. The rest of the time, this is what I look like.

Midoriya: (gasps) No way... Five years ago? So does that mean it was the fight with Toxic Chainsaw?

All Might: Wow, you know your stuff. But no. The punk may've landed some hits, but he couldn't bring me down. Most of the world has never heard of this fight. I did everything I could to keep it under wraps. I'm supposed to be the guy who's always smiling, right? I'm the Symbol of Peace. People everywhere have to think that I'm never afraid. But honestly, I smile to hide the fear inside. It's just a brave face I put on when the pressure is high. This job isn't easy.

All Might stands up and walks up to Midoriya.

All Might: Pro heroes are always having to risk their lives. Some villains just can't be beaten without powers. So, can you be a hero? Not without a Quirk.

Midoriya's spirit immediately shattered upon hearing that.

All Might: If you wanna help people, there are plenty of other ways to do it. You could become a police officer. They get crap because the heroes capture most of the villains. But it's a fine profession. There's also a doctor or a nurse, they help people and heroes every day.

All Might patted Midoriya's shoulder.

All Might: It's not bad to have a dream, young man. Just, make sure your dreams are attainable. Realistic. Understand? (coughs) Now, let's get you to the station.