Chapter 4: Prove It

Prove It

"My Lord, I have brought you Harry Potter."

The explanation was a little unnecessary in Harry's opinion but he kept silent as he stared at the Dark Wizard before him who was stepping off the dais and approaching Harry and Malfoy. The man was just as snake-like as he remembered and he fought nausea that turned in his stomach.

"Yes, I see that."

Malfoy must have taken that as a dismissal because he backed away to the front row of the encircling crowd with his head bowed. Harry caught a glimpse of him standing next to his father who didn't look like Azkaban suited him. Luckily it seemed that Bellatrix wasn't present, Harry wasn't sure if he could have controlled himself if he had seen her deranged face.

"Well, well, Potter. I must admit you have surprised me," the man hissed, his red eyes tracing the length of him, probably taking in the rumpled clothing as well as the dirt and sweat mixture streaking his bruised and scarred skin. Harry refused to avert his eyes from Voldemorts gaze though. He may be coming to make a deal with the devil himself but he was not one of the man's little minions. "I was not expecting you to be such an eager volunteer." A few of the brave Death Eaters chuckled but Harry kept his head held high.

"I wouldn't exactly call myself a volunteer, so much as a man wanting to make a deal." Harry hadn't spoken loudly but his voice carried much the same way Voldemorts was doing. He wondered if the man had cast some spell to make it so that every word was heard.

"A deal you say? What could you offer me?" The monster before him continued as though his minion hadn't spoken.

"Quite a few things. Whether I give them is depending on how much incentive I get." His heart was pounding and his hands were sweating but he kept his voice even with every bit of willpower he possessed. At the moment he had no cards but he had to act like he held them all if he wanted to stay alive.

Voldemort actually chuckled at this and it didn't sound snakey it actually sounded human. How odd. "I do appreciate your spirit, Potter, but might I remind you that you are the man who begged to come before me. Had a change of heart, have you, Potter?" The man mocked him and his fellow minions snickered.

"You could say that," he replied which shocked most of the followers into silence. Voldemorts eyes flickered with curiosity but he didn't show anything else. "Turns out we have a common enemy now."

"Oh?"

"Albus Dumbledore." The red eyes widened momentarily before narrowing once again.

"Explain."

"It has come to my realization that Dumbledore is not the great man I was lead to believe. This was made obvious to me after being tortured by him and his sidekicks for five days. I've only just escaped with the help of some friends."

"Tortured? Dumbledore tortured his savior?" Voldemort repeated, obviously not believing a word.

"Yes, torture. At least that's what I call being subjected to the Cruciatous consecutively multiple times a day."

There was a flicker of surprise in Voldemorts crimson depths as he stared deeply into Harry's own as if trying to see the truth. However, Harry realized that along with improved eyesight, his ability to kill, and the little mark, his Occlumency shields had improved. He had realized this when Dumbledore had tried Legilimency on him in the dungeon and couldn't read anything. Of course, at the time he hadn't understood why.

"And why, Potter, would Dumbledore see fit to put his little Savior under such a curse?"

Harry steeled himself once more. He had known this would be the result of this meeting but he was still nervous at revealing his mark. Sure, he had shown the Slytherins but he had been desperate and hadn't really been able to think things through. Now he would be showing not only Voldemort but the Death Eaters as well.