Chapter 20: Thank You, Minister

Thank You, Minister

"Harry dear," was the only warning Harry got before he was crushed in the motherly hug of Mrs. Weasley.

Despite his friend's assurances, witnessing it himself was something entirely different. He felt a tightness in his chest that he hadn't even realized was there ease and he breathed lighter as he returned the hug.

"Are you eating well?" She asked, pulling back and placing a warm hand on his cheek. Harry smiled. "You are looking better, not as pale and peaky. Good, good. But I brought you some fudge and biscuits, just to be sure. You're a growing boy, you can't have too much food," she said, nodding to herself and pulling out two tins from her handbag. Harry glanced at the twins over Mrs. Weasley's shoulder who both gave exaggerated eye rolls and mimicked the babying their mother was doing. Harry didn't mind though. He appreciated the motherly attention and knew it was Mrs. Weasley's way of dealing with how much things had changed.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley. I'll be sure to eat them," Harry assured her before moving out of her arms to greet Remus and Mr. Weasley. Both gave him brief hugs and claps on the back. Remus held on longer and stared into his eyes for a few moments as if searching for something. Harry wasn't sure what Remus found but the man let him go with a smile.

"Harrykins!" The twins cried out when they finally got to rush Harry. The twins attacked his hair with over the top ruffling and after a quick scuffle to fight them off the group claimed their seats around the table.

Kreacher and Dobby had outdone themselves once again over the fact of having guests in Grimmauld again. Harry sat with the twins and Mrs. Weasley on his right and Remus and Mr. Weasley on his left.

"How are you, Harry?" Remus asked after everyone had loaded their plates with sandwiches and pastries.

"Good actually," Harry replied. "But we'll talk about me later. Tell me about yourselves. How are you?"

"Now that school is back the shop is at a small lull and we are dealing more with owl orders," Fred said with a shrug.

"We got a new line idea in the works, you know the Defense line that we talked about last summer, well we are expanding on that."

"That's awesome!" Harry enthused. "Let me know if you have any products you want tested. I happen to have a wide range of people to be unsuspecting testers." The twins grins were something diabolical and Harry felt a chill slither down his spine.

"Dumbledore hasn't held many Order meetings," Remus said. "The deal with Moody and Shacklebolt is causing rifts and so Dumbledore is maintaining order by keeping them all apart. I guess he thinks the 'out of sight out of mind' mantra will work for him and once those two are sent to Azkaban then he'll bring the members together again."

"When is the trial?" Mr. Weasley asked, bracing his forearms on the table, his plate of fruits and pastries mostly ignored.

"Not sure. The first Wizengamot meeting is tomorrow and so I think it will be announced shortly after since they'll be charged before the whole council. Well, minus me. Apparently, since I'm directly involved I can't have a vote, I'll be testifying."

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

Harry nodded with a slight frown. "I think so. Avery, Lucius, and the Lestrange brothers have been giving me tips and ideas on how to deal with them. I am a bit nervous though, this will be the first time I'm really dealing with Wizard Society since everything happened."

Harry noted the discomfort around the table at the mention of the four Death Eaters. "Trust me it's not a happy relationship, it's a necessary one though, and they have their uses."