Prologue

"Lets call her Shrewkit." the little kit heard a she-cat murmur.

     "That sounds perfect Rabbitflight." a tom murmured back.

     "Shrewkit it's' me your mother Rabbitflight!" Shrewkit heard the she-cat's voice again. That must be Rabbitflight, Shrewkit thought. But then who's the tom, she wondered.

     "And me your father Volesplash!" the tom's voice answered. Her question was now answered! "I'm gonna miss you two, I must go now you too should probably leave as well." Volesplash mewed sadly to Rabbitflight trying not to let Shrewkit hear though she did.

     "Why did Volesplash have to leave?" Shrewkit asked Rabbitflight.

     "He's a RiverClan cat Shrewkit and we are WindClan cats," she explained with a sigh "I wish he could stay. We must get back to camp now." Rabbitflight continued.

     "Camp? Aren't we already there?" Shrewkit mewed questioningly.

     "No my kit we are at Fourtrees, if we were in camp our clanmates would have shredded Volesplash." Rabbitflight mewed seriously. She felt her mothers teeth meet in her scruff, her mother picked her up and carried her home.

     Shrewkit smelled a strong scent of cats. "Camp?" she mewed quietly, hearing snoring and not wanting to wake any-cat.

"Yes darling." Rabbitflight whispered softly. "Now good-night my little kit." Rabbitflight mewed as Shrewkit slowly drifted into sleep, barely feeling the chill in the Newleaf air.