Chapter 2

"Shrewkit, Shrewkit wake up!" Nettlekit whispered excited beside Shrewkit's ear. "Me and Rockkit are gonna play a game and we decided to invite you!" Shrewkit's ears twitched when she heard Nettlekit mention a game.

     "Oh a game! What game?" Shrewkit asked excitedly as she slipped from Rabbitflight's nest carefully not wanting to wake her mother from a peaceful looking sleep. 

     She and Nettlekit crept over to Rockkit before Nettlekit whispered, "Attack Lionstar!" Hearing that made Shrewkit giggle quietly.

     "Shrewkit, did she tell you it was her idea? If she did she's lying! It was my idea!" Rockkit sounded like he was about to burst with pride and excitement. 

     "Okay, so how are we supposed to attack our Clan Leader?" Shrewkit asked playfully looking at Rockkit-since he claimed it was his idea-after looking back at their mothers who were sleeping peacefully in their nests as they headed out of the Nursery. 

     "Well, I was thinking we could wait on either side of his den for him to come out." Rockkit mewed proudly. Shrewkit nodded, it sounded like a good idea to her.

     "How about I go on that side with Nettlekit while Rockkit goes on the other side." Shrewkit proposed to the two siblings while pointing with her tail. They looked at each other before nodding in agreement. The three of them slipped quietly to either side of the den and waited.

     Finally Lionstar stirred in his den and the kits drew into deep crouches, preparing to spring when the WindClan Leader left his den. The den barrier shook and Lionstar stepped out yawning and stretched.

     "MRORW!!!!!" all three kits shrieked as they pounced on Lionstar. Shrewkit gave Nettlekit and Rockkit mischievous looks as Lionstar let out a yowl of surprise. 

     "Get off me." Lionstar grumbled ominously and the kits all hopped off his back and looked up at him with innocent eyes. Shrewkit was wondering if Lionstar would actually get them in trouble. She watched as Lionstar looked down seeing the kits and thinking of what to say.

     "I wasn't expecting something as brash as that from my kits and my niece." Lionstar stated as he saw the kits giving each other mischievous glances before looking sorry. "I'll let you off the hook as long as you promise to not do it again."

     "We promise father." Rockkit and Nettlekit mumbled at the same time while they stared at the ground beneath their paws.

     "I won't do it again Lionstar." Shrewkit agreed, the only one who was able to look up at him.

     "Oh you're just kits, I'll let you off the hook as long as you promise to not do it again." Lionstar whispered as he looked at the kits.

     "We promise we won't." the three of them murmured solemnly and truthfully, but deep down none of them regretted it, they had enjoyed their little game. Shrewkit was definitely quiet pleased and she hoped they could play another game, maybe not quite as drastic, sometime soon.  

     "But I will be letting your mothers know." he smiled back before turning away from the kits.