I

[Name] was a name many were familiar with, of course, they would be she was the wife of Viktor Tchaikovsky after all, a rich and successful man, the subject of envy for many.

But no one knew [Name] [Lastname], they only knew the wife of a rich businessman, not [Name] and this was beginning to be a problem.

She had tried everything, charities, social events, public appearances... Yet at the end of the day, it was still 'The wife of ...'

Wife

She was growing to hate that word more and more as time went by. She felt overshadowed by Viktor.

So, as a last resort, after spending hours mulling over, she decided she would tell her husband.

It was quite late at night when he returned, throwing his coat off, almost ripping his shirt up as he grabbed a more comfortable pair of clothes and joined her.

"I want to start a company."

He almost scoffed at her statement.

"What?"

"Viktor, I want to start my own company."

"Why's that, love?" She had always been active in the social circle, and he had allowed that, after all, what was the harm in a few charity events and gatherings? But this?

"Why would my wife need to work?"

There was that word again, wife.

[Name]'s grip on her blanket tightened as she exhaled.

"I don't really do much all day and everyone is up to something these days so I thought it would be good to keep myself busy." She said as she turned around and placed a kiss on the corner of his lip.

"Hmmm, CEO [Name] does have a nice ring to it...

You know, why not? I'll be your biggest investor, what will you be—"

"No."

Viktor paused for a moment, almost surprised.

"No?"

"I..." she paused.

"I want to do this on my own, everything from gathering funds to attracting investors into my business, I don't want people to think I was only able to do it because of you."

There was a moment of silence among them, [Name] chewing her lower lip, wondering what his response would be to this.

"Of course." He kissed her cheek, tightening his grip on her frame as he buried his head in the crook of her neck, hiding his very much displeased look.

...

After that night everything else went smoothly, [Name] was able to attract a lot of potential investors and everything seemed to be going just as she planned, there wasn't a single flaw in the plan it seemed.

"You seem much happier lately." Commented Viktor as he sliced the perfectly cooked steak laid in front of him.

"Of course I am, we'll be announcing the release of our first few products! It will also be my first time at a public event as the CEO!" She explained, her eyes lighting up whenever she talked about it.

But Viktor just sat there, as if everything had frozen, his expressionless face and intense gaze set on her.

"Are you not happy, Viktor?"

He suddenly jolted, but composed himself immediately after as he once more set his eyes on her, this time with a large smile.

"Of course I am! You're doing amazing, I was just worried, this line of work isn't as easy as it seems, you should be careful, [Name]."