IV

[name]'s spine shivered as he ran his hands through her hair gazing intensely at the small mark on her wrist, the familiar yet so foreign feeling of his hands that felt different every time. She couldn't cry or scream, it had been ages since she gave up hope. No matter who she was -where she was- she would always be within his grasp.

There was no better way to describe this than as a curse.

"Why would you do that, hmm?" He asked, no, taunted her.

"You know that killing yourself won't do you any good." A giggle escaped his lips.

"The cycle will just repeat itself, no matter what you try you'll always be mine, dear."

As much as [name] hated it, he was right, no matter how many times she tried, in the end, the cycle would just repeat itself, she would just appear somewhere else as someone else and eventually fall into his hands.
At least that's how it had been during all of her previous lives. Whether she was born a peasant or a royal the result was always the same.

"Won't you give up already? How many times has it been now? You know that no matter how hard you try I'll always find you."

[name] finally opened her mouth.
"What if I don't want to?"

He just laughed in response.
"Fate works in strange ways, my dear, you don't get to have a choice."