Chapter 5: It's okay

Jaden arrived at home. Again, he went inside through the window of his room. After he was in, he closed it and took off his mask. Sadness had taken over him so that he let mask fall to the ground. Then he sat down on his bed.

"Now I kind of understand what Mr. Shivaay must have gone through. Or what he felt back then."

He started looking at Shivaay's picture again.

"This is so unfair. What have I ever done to deserve this now?" He started crying.

Suddenly Varun came in and Jaden stood up.

"Oh, sorry I should have knocked_." Then he started looking at him. He realised what Jaden was wearing.

"Jaden. This suit. Why are you wearing it?" Then he looked into his eyes and saw the tears and the sadness behind it. He understood. Everything. Without Jaden saying even one word. He pulled Jaden back to make him sit and took a seat next to him.

"What's her name?", asked Varun.

"Stacy. Stacy Malik.", answered Jaden while whipping his tears away.

Varun started looking at him.

< Stacy Malik? That's the daughter of Steve and Shraddha. And she hurt him. Wow and the cycle continues. Jaden looks up to Shivaay and she is Shraddha daughter. Makes sense. > thought Varun.

"I know what you are going through. And I know that besides rejection there are several other ways to get hurt by the person you love so much. The pain is immense. We both know what it can lead to."

Jaden was still looking down.

"But pain is also a message. If she hurt you like that, she is clearly not worthy of you. Besides it also shows something about her behaviour. She isn't grateful for what she has been given. And that's what Shivaay's story been all about. About being thankful towards certain things, because not everyone has them. You might have lost the girl in your eyes, but you still have your powers. You still have your family with you. Don't look at the things you lost, look at the things you still have. And that power hasn't come to you out of dumb luck. You have responsibility. You know the worth of love and family and you go out there saving people, who are someone's lover, wife, husband, mother, father, brother, sister, or friend. You save them because you don't want others to experience the same pain as you did. That's why you have this power.

Jaden started looking at him as he was getting motivated again.

"And I know you will live up to that duty. Because you have the will of Shivaay and my blood inside you. You are special. Remember that. There won't be a second one like. So, live your life as a legend. As the one and only Jaden."

Jaden started smiling again.

"You understood?"

"Yes, dad. Thank you.", said Jaden while hugging him.

He remembered his aim again. To become the best version of himself. To show that he is different from his brother so that he can make his parents proud.

"I'm proud of you, my son."

Jaden trembled as he heard that. Again, some tears gathered in his eyes.

"You knew exactly what to do with your strength and you did."

This was the most wholesome moment for him. Hearing those words from his father. He had fulfilled one of his dreams.

Then Varun broke the hug asking "By the way. How did you even get those powers?".

"Ehm. It was like this......." And he started explaining everything.

"Eyww, who knows what that jelly thing was in the painkiller dose.", said Varun while laughing.

"It was indeed disgusting.", said Jaden.

"Imagine it was a puke from a creature which was created in a secret lab here.", said Varun.

"Don't make me vomit."

"Hey if you are going to vomit do it there not here on me.", said Varun while smiling.

"I thought you were going to say to vomit on mom and not you.", said Jaden while laughing.

"Hey. No one should dare to do that. If she gets mad, then it's over. Ask the person in front of you. He is talking out of personal experience."

Both couldn't stop laughing.

Varun was enjoying this talk. Especially as it reminded it him of his chats with Shivaay. They used to have a lot of them in their days.

But then out of nowhere did Malika walk into the room saying, "Why are you two laughing so much out of sudden?".

As soon as she entered both stood up like two little children who had messed up something. They both were scared.

"HUH? JADEN WHAT ARE YOU WEARING? DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE_." And she collapsed. Luckily Jaden was fast enough and caught her.

"Yeah, now she knows too.", said Varun.

"Yeah. With a bang."

Varun lifted her up.

"She is clearly exhausted. You get to sleep too. I will explain everything to her as soon as she wakes up.", said Varun.

"Thanks, dad. For everything. You gave me hope. You were there for men when I was all alone."

"And I'm always going to be there for you. I promise. You are my little buddy."

Both were staring into each other's eyes. Showing a true father-son relationship.

After Varun left, he picked up the mask from the ground and started looking at it.

"I'm Spider-Man. A risen hero."

Next Chapter "Fear"