-7- (Hwitae Flashback)

Hwiyoung was leaving Fantasy Cafe with Taeyang as they went to school. They were in the school yard when Hwiyoung's gaze shifted from Taeyang to Liz, a girl. Taeyang's smile fell, of course he knew that Hwiyoung liked her, but still...it hurt.

"Yah Hwi, pay attention!" Taeyang tried to yell at him, hoping to get the other's focus on him. Hwiyoung was in his own world, his attention was on her, and only her.

"Bye."

Taeyang slowly walked away to see if he would follow him or at least try to stop him, but he didn't, so Taeyang just left. Hwiyoung then came back to reality when he heard the school bell ring.

"Tae-" He turned around to see that Taeyang wasn't there, 'he must have left.'

In the classroom Taeyang sat in his chair and looked at the window.

"Hey Tae, are you alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Well..wanna come over after school today?"

"Umm-"

"Please~"

"Sure."

Taeyang couldn't resist Hwiyoung when he pouted, it made his heart race. He looked away from Hwiyoung to hide the smile and blush. Obviously Hwiyoung saw it though, and something in his heart started to jump because why else would it be beating rapidly.

At the end of the day, Hwiyoung and Taeyang were walking to Hwiyoung's when Taeyang had stopped in his tracks. 'Today is the day, maybe he'll say yes,' Taeyang's thoughts got interrupted by a couch.

"What are you thinking about so deeply?"

"I like-"

"You like what?"

"N-Nothing, let's go."

It happened again, Taeyang chickened out, it has happened so many times to the point he lost count. Hwiyoung hummed and they continued walking when Taeyang tripped. Luckily Hwiyoung had fast reflexes and caught Taeyang before he hit the pavement. Taeyang was on the verge of fainting because his feelings were too much. They both started to lean in and soon their lips touched. They moved in sync, both of them caught in the moment. Until Hwiyoung realized what he was doing, he dropped Taeyang. Taeyang was surprised when he felt himself hit the concrete and got off the ground, dusting himself off.

"Hwi I have to tell you something."

The mood went from a lustful type of tension to serious quick. They stood in silence for about five minutes, both of their faces were red.

"I-I like you." He finally mustered the courage to say how he felt. Taeyang grabbed Hwiyoung's hands, holding them.

"Would you be my-"

"I'm sorry..." Hwiyoung moved his hands from Taeyang's, then continued, "I don't like you back."

"What about the kiss-"

"It meant nothing, I would never date a fa- you get what I mean."

Taeyang felt like his breath had been whipped out of him, how could he say that.

"H-Hwi.."

"Please be quiet, we are friends only, who are guys too."

"I will never like you Taeyang."

He would always call Taeyang by tae but only used his name when he was serious, or anything other than happy.

"Just don't talk to me- and DON'T say my name. B...Bye."

With that being said he pushed past Taeyang and continued to his house. Taeyang stood there with tears falling down his face, he could barely breathe. The words Hwiyoung had said left marks, cutts, and broke his heart in the end. After all they had been through, all the outcomes they could have had. Why did it end like this?

Hwiyoung walked away, until he was sure he wasn't in Taeyang's sight. Then he let the tears that were clogging his eyes flow, not caring if someone sees. His heart broke, it hurt him, but most importantly it hurt his best friend. He doesn't know why he used those words, he wasn't sure that he was straight either. 'Father. I'm just like him,' his thoughts became flooded with memories of his father. His dad hated gay people- evein if they were just bi. Realizing what he had done, and all the damage he caused, the tears multiplied. 'Maybe he will just forget about it..' That's what Hwiyoung thought, until the next day, and the one after that. Eventually people found out from a random source that had seen the event and bullied Taeyang for it. Hwiyoung didn't want to be bullied either so instead of helping he took part in it, he didn't even try to help....