IX

"Hey Orcus, so like, what's your favorite color of food?"

Please refrain from speaking your mindlessness.

I laughed at the answer I got from inside my head. Yes... inside my head. No, I am not crazy... well—maybe just a little bit.

You see, the very demonic voice that I tend to annoy is my good ol' pal Orcus. Yes, he is a demon. I think.

I am a god of the underworld; "demon" is unfathomable and rude, you insufferable half-blood.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah, and will you please, refrain-" I mocked his spooky tone, "from barging into my intrusive thoughts—it makes for a very uncomfortable tingling in my eyebrows."

It's been nearly 4 months since I've learned what these wizard-folk call: wandless magic. In my humble opinion, I think a better name is: cool person magic.

Over the course of these truly boring days and nights, I've managed to get the hang of casting basic spells and charms, such as Expelliarmus and Expecto Patronum. As much as I'd love to give a very complex academic explanation as to how, I can't.

Sadly, it seems my demigod prowess is just a teensy-weensy bit overpowered—in other words, I just kinda... do it.

It's because demigods have an innate ability to-

"Anyways! Cutting off my friendly neighborhood demon, here is my personal guide on how to magic!"

Perseus Achilles Jackson's Guide to "How To" Magic:

1. Think of spell

2. Do spell

Very complicated instructions, I know. You can purchase my tips-and-tricks book coming soon to a store near you!

Okay, but to be fair, actualizing the theoretics of magic was actually pretty difficult. Thankfully, my favorite demon–

God of the underworld.

My favorite god of the underworld, happened to be pretty good at this whole wizard business. He sometimes helps with the whole input-output information part of magic.

Orcus is like my fairy godmother.

Are you mocking me?

"No, it's a compliment," I jested, raising my arms up in an act of innocence. My raven locks fell over my sea-green orbs as I moved.

But in all seriousness, Orcus is supposedly this great god of the underworld and a notorious punisher. He even created some sort of evil/dark magic! I'm very proud of him.

Although, unlucky enough for him, his magic which is known as "obscurus", was supposed to be named after him. Orcus. Obscurus. Very similar, but... clearly not the same.

"Hey, would that be copyright?" I wondered aloud.

Anywho, as for the reason why this demonic god is living inside my fancy ring—it is clearly because he wanted to meet the great Percy Jackson. I mean, who wouldn't!

Hardly. I was sealed here by Lord Hades as punishment for executing a group of Hecate's children for labeling my magic incorrectly.

Silent laughs choked my throat but I couldn't contain the snorts that escaped my amusement. "Now that's just petty," I chuckled as I bit my lip to trap my giggling.

Speaking of petty, I've never known someone to be as petty as Orcus. It's actually crazy how much this guy can hold a grudge.

I shook my head as I started to recount a certain tragic story.