III

"Hey, can you perhaps change the pancake color to blue?" I asked the man that was sitting at the front desk. He looked at me strangely, as if blue pancakes were a rare species here.

The man shook his head, "No I don't believe there is a way to change the color of the food. I do not believe there is a charm for that."

A charm? What the hell is a charm? I passed it off as some wizard thing, hopefully, something I would learn from Dumbledore. Speaking of which, where is the old coot.

I realized I was still standing at the front desk, staring down at the man. I quickly walked back over to my seat, hearing the man say something about "Strange Americans." I ate my non-blue pancakes in defeat.

My thoughts wandered from subject to subject. Such as, what I would say to Albus when he inevitably asks what I am. Or to how good I will be at magic with my parentage. Hopefully better than a normal wizard, that would be ideal.

My thoughts were interrupted as a certain wizard walked through the Leaky Cauldron doors. The bell above the door rang a couple of times until it stopped moving.

I waved at the old wizard, motioning for him to approach me. He spotted me along the left side of the large dining room table. As he reached me I greeted him, "Good morning, Albus."

"Good afternoon, Perseus," He said. I rolled my eyes at that. So what it was... I looked over to a mortal clock above the fireplace, it's only 3:00 pm.

"So I slept in a little, is that a terrible thing for you wizards to do. Cause if it is, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you can suck it if you think I'm going to be getting up earlier than 10:00 in the morning."

Albus had a small smile, probably because of my attitude. It was clear I was feeling better than I was yesterday. I felt more alive, stronger, faster... sassier.

I matched his smile with my own. I probably looked crazy. My skin was still dirt ridden, my clothes still torn and my hair... well, my hair probably looked the same.

"You look ridiculous Perseus, we must swiftly depart and obtain you garbs that are fitted for the academy," Dumbledore stated. I looked down at my shoulders.

"Agreed. However... Counter-argument," I said as I pointed at him. Dumbledore rose his eyebrows at this. "I need blue food. That's a necessity. We can get the garbs or whatever you call clothes here, after."

My personality and attitude clearly humored him. Dumbledore nodded as he thought, then he pointed at me, matching my mischievous grin, "Well that would be no problem, however... counter-argument."

I chuckled. Albus' attempt at being me was horrible. Especially with his fake American accent, he pulled. Dumbledore continued, "My counter-argument is that we obtain your clothes first, then we may perhaps stop for food colored blue."

I nodded. "You got yourself a deal, mister wizard." I stretched out my hand to shake and he took it. "Well let's start our journey, nothing ridiculous though, I'm not going to be wearing something that makes me look stupid."

Dumbledore pushed open the door as we exited the Pub. "Of course not, all students are required to wear certain robes however, I'm sure I may be able to pull some strings for you."

I walked up beside him as I marched his strides. I noticed many people seem to stare at the both of us, but I had no idea as to what their reason could be.

It's not like I was a celebrity here. And I didn't think Albus would be one. I could be wrong. I brushed it off, thinking it was most likely because of my dirt-ridden attire.