As The Still Water Flows

Everything about the estate felt serene, albeit very tranquil for the Warmonger who was used to an entirely different vibe in their hometown. The deafening silence in high rise concrete walls compared to the chirping birds in the morning under the blue skies, complete with a view of the garden- the latter feels more captivating.

Astreanova realized it was easy to settle in, especially when the main housekeeper is a good sport and is able to remove any tension in the household whenever he's around. It was an unspoken rule whenever the head of the Kamisato clan is present, the air in the surroundings would immediately turn tense for god knows why. Nevertheless, Ayato's decorum had been one of the best amongst the aristrocrats in the whole Inazuma and people would always feel obliged to act formal within his presence.

Astrea sat in front of a mirror, getting dressed in their usual armor and attire. The schedule for the day had been set on their own. There would be a long meeting with the one who wrote the invitation letter or supposedly, a business proposal. It was fair trade, legal documents needed to be signed and not only it benefits both parties- the clan was set on investing and expanding their influence elsewhere. As for the nation of Antares, any Inazuma commission would do, as long as a good negotiation could be done in their benefit.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Astrea spoke, after realizing it was the housekeeper.

"Ah, good morning Thoma. You seem to be in good spirits."

"Good morning, Lord Astrea! I've prepared breakfast for you in the dining hall. I hope you've had a good rest from the long trip." The blonde grinned and bowed slightly.

"Thank you, Thoma. I'll be there shortly, no worries. And yes, I've had my fair share of sleep."

"That's good to hear. See you in a bit then, my Lord." Thoma smiled and excused himself.

Astrea didn't took long before they got up and walked towards the dining hall. The tables were designed so that the people would sit on a tatami floor instead of a chair. Another cultural symbol that made the honoured guest felt comfortable. Back in Antares, the dining halls had huge asymmetrical tables carved from concrete or marble and the chairs were also quite peculiar-shaped.

The warmonger saw the Kamisato son sitting at a table, calmly enjoying his morning tea. He looked pristine, almost flawless. It seemed as if there would never be a man as handsome and beautiful as Ayato, which triggered a slight discomfort in Astrea's eyes.

Ayato looked up from his drink and smiled.

"Good morning, Astreanova."

The warmonger took a glance at him, remembering the words of Guuji Yae before taking a seat facing the Yashiro politician.

"I'll only tell you one thing. If you're not careful enough, you'd end up getting caught in his schemes." 

Then again, I've always dealt with politicians in my department. One had been my advisor. The rest, probably would survive if not due to my position to test them in war. Astrea mused.

"Good morning, Kamisato Ayato."

Thoma's home-cooked meal warmed them up even in the slightly cool breeze in the morning. Ayato glanced towards the guest and swiftly studied their mannerisms. This is a man who hates small talk, prefers to sit and study in silence but at the same time being a politician meant that he had to be good with words at all times.

His lips parted, after taking a sip of the warm green tea.

"I surely hope you feel comforted living in my humble residence. There is nothing more important to see my guest feel contented and pleased."