Arranged Marriage

Ayato knew he couldn't avoid it eventually. The realization that someday a political marriage await his fate. The young lady of a respectable politician caught interest with the Kamisatos, and marriage between two reputable clans would bring even more benefit and long lasting fortune towards the Yashiro commission. It was known that Mr Fujimoto, the head of the clan, finally decide to pay the estate a visit with their beautiful, white haired daughter with crimson eyes. Her name was Aiko; Fujimoto Aiko.

"Pleasure to see you again, Mr Fujimoto. I believe it's been a while since I've seen you in the Tri-Commission meetings."

"Indeed it is. I've been outstationed for a while due to serious matters, and I've thought about introducing you to my beloved daughter Aiko who's of marriagable age."

In that singular moment, their eyes met, amethyst orbs met crimson- as red as crimson camellias in the snow with her pure, untainted white skin. Aiko is no doubt, the best candidate that would suit the handsome Yashiro commissioner. She is talented in literature, arts and poetry, gifted with the ability to paint magnificent portraits on her own.

"Aiko is my pride and joy. Her etiquette is examplary and she's a great cook as well, I must say."

"Father, please don't embarass me." Aiko whispered faintly and nudged his father's arm. Her voice was soft and delicate.

During the times Ayato had thought of what to reply, the young lady took her time and studied his features in awe. Certainly, he had been the handsome and intelligent commissioner his father had spoken to, compared to the ones from the other faction. Not only that, he's talented in martial arts, the Kamisato art of the katana, able to defend himself from enemies and assault them.

"I must say your daughter is of good lineage and admirable etiquette." Ayato spoke, trying to not disappoint the suitor.

Aiko couldn't take her eyes off him- she marveled at the fact that she might be marrying Ayato. Finally, things have started to shine in her life. Who would've known?

"However,"

Her heart skipped a beat.

"I have crucial matters at hand before I consider an arrangement. Is it possible to rectify when I'm ready to give an answer?"

Aiko frowned slightly, before shaking her head and spoke,

"It's no big deal, Mr Kamisato. I know that you are a very busy man, but if you do consider that an arrangement might be made, is it possible for me to drop by the estate once in a while?"

Mr Fujimoto gasped, realizing how serious his daughter had been when it comes to love. He has never seen her this enthusiastic before.

Ayato smiled.

"Of course. Be my guest, Fujimoto-san. In case I'm not around, my sister would be glad to asist you."

"Mr Kamisato, I actually have a good deal at hand if you agree with this arrangement. One that would never let the Kamisato clan be brought down and will prosper for generations to come." Mr Fujimoto insisted.

Ayato sat still, pondering his next move. He couldn't possibly avoid a huge opportunity, especially not from a prestigious clan that has finally caught interest with the Kamisatos, which was extremely rare. His political mind told him to just go for it, seize the opportunity but his heart seemed to tell him otherwise.

How must I deal with this?

If I proceed with the arranged marriage, who's to tell the trajectory of my fate with a woman I barely knew. I'm doing this for the sake of my clan. Plus I would have to continue the bloodline somehow.