Unforgettable (R18)

It's been a month since the suitor arrangment happened between the Kamisato and the Fujimoto clan. Ayato had to entertain the honoured candidate, even if he was busy and his time was cut short for other things. Sleepless nights isn't something foreign for someone like him, but his mood seem to descend to the worst instead of the otherwise even with the completion of work.

"You must be really tired, Ayato-sama."

He was caught in a trance by the beautiful woman sitting in front of him. They were supposed to talk about possible arrangements between the two families. But Aiko knew it wasn't a good time and his mood seemed off, despite the poetic words and charming smiles.

"Ah, I deeply apologize, my lady. Go on, I'm listening." Ayato replied, rather monotonously.

How can someone who looks fairly enchanting and talented in various things bore me to the core? What has Kamisato Ayato become after all these years? He began questioning himself.

"No worries, Ayato-sama. I know you've been working really hard for the sake of the clan." Aiko chuckled softly.

"As I was saying, though...my father and mother..."

Her voice trailed off, talking about her family and the amount of riches they've inherited. Indeed, the Fujimoto clan is famous for the business they've done. At some point everyone would admire their work and adore the beautiful sole daughter of the clan.

If this was the executioner, they would probably talk about war crimes. Or a peculiar new culture of theirs. Something that I would predict but late to realize how fascinating it was.

Ayato humored himself and entertained the suitor, hiding his real thoughts and feelings towards the conversation. He looked closely in her eyes and noticed they were like crimson camellias with her skin as white as snow. He admittedly agrees that Aiko is very attractive.

But he couldn't forget the faint peculiar heartbeat he heard from the day he first met Astrea. In his mind, he wouldn't first associate the word beautiful with the executioner. He would think of them as a person that's out of this world.

Ethereal.

But is that even possible?

Astrea managed to finish their work, one of it was patrolling troops and devising strategy at the Antares base camp in Inazuma. The executioner would usually leave the estate for a couple of hours with the horse and come back after sundown.

"I'll see you tomorrow." The executioner lovingly brushed the horse's mane and sent it back to the stables. As soon as Astrea stepped in the vast mansion, a familiar blonde greeted them.

"Welcome back, Lord Executioner." Thoma spoke as he finished sweeping some parts of the floor.

"Thank you, Thoma. I'm home, I suppose. How's everything?"

"Milady went out with Yoimiya to check out the new fireworks. My lord is in his office, if you'd like to see him." Thoma smiled, albeit suggestively.

"I'll let him know I'm sleeping early." Astrea replied nonchalantly.

The moment she walked along the corridors of the building, there was a sound of books falling to the ground. Notes, documents scattered around the room, which was none other than Ayato's office. The executioner increased their pace and entered the room, only to see a heavily fatigued man at his wits end.

His light blue hair was in a mess, there was an empty bottle of sake on the table. The boba teas were all in the trash can, he finished it all. Ayato was feeling sick from his to head to his stomach, but he kept his composure around everyone else, except for Thoma.