Azure Excursion

"Thoma, how about we entertain ourselves with a game of Shogi today?" The Kamisato head casually spoke as he was in a good mood, albeit procrastinating at his work.

"My lord, I would love to but it seems you have a lot of errands on your plate today." The housekeeper mentioned as he scratched his head in denial.

"Nonsense. Ayaka wanted to help with some of them so she headed off first. Free time for me. I needed this game so I could think."

Oh? Must be something on his mind. Is it the executioner? Thoma mused, noticing the idleness.

"Sure, milord. Happy to sit down with you for this game." He grinned as he immediately took the board game and assembled them on the table.

They were going at it for about an hour before Thoma realized he was going to lose again, for the umpteenth time. Ayato didn't even look at the chest pieces to know where and how he must act accordingly. The Yashiro commissioner had been playing chess in his own work field after all.

Sometimes he would look back and think of the bath incident where the warmonger was around. Ever since then, it seemed that Astrea had shortened her bath time and would immediately get ready to see the troops. Ayato knew how tiring it was, to be a warmonger who leads the army, strategize, perform an execution.

I believe the executioner would be good in Shogi, had they learned how to play it. He thought.

Astrea was out finishing their own errands, sending some reports to the troops, especially to one of them who will have to go back to the nation. When they entered the Kamisato Estate and unlocked the doors, it wasn't surprising to see two men were enjoying their evening by playing Shogi.

"Oh? Welcome back, Astrea." Ayato commented. Thoma waved and invited her in.

"I'm back, I suppose...." Astrea replied, their mind trailing off to the distance.

"Lord Astrea, come join us and play Shogi. If you don't understand the rules, I can explain to you one by one." Thoma offered.

"Sounds interesting." Astreanova scooted closer to the two after removing their cape. They started scanning a pattern in the game. The servants caught on and proceeded to move the clothing to her room.

"My lord always wins this game. Right, Ayato?" The blonde nudged him innocently.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I'm used to it."

"Of course you would be. A master at that." Astrea retorted, only forming a small smile when she had a point to prove.

"This game is designed for politicians."

The blue haired man looked back at her with a malignant aura, before smiling back at the insidious warmonger.

"Indeed it is." Before Ayato had a chance to resume the challenge, one of the Shumatsuuban ninjas appeared in the living room using their ninjutsu art. Astrea and Thoma gasped at the sudden revelation.

"Ayato-sama, it seems your predictions are correct. Lady Hiiragi is about to be wedded to Kujou Kamaji."

Ayato rested his chin on one hand and nodded.

"I see. Then I'll have to make my move. Thank you for the report, Hisashi. You can leave now. Continue to observe the situation for as long as you can."

"You're welcome, Ayato-sama. Doing my job as always." Hisashi immediately disappeared into thin air.

Thoma looked at his lord with a questioning gaze. He was right that Ayato had something better to do instead of playing chess. But it seemed that the task required heavy intervention with the Kujou Clan.