𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝔾𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕥 𝕂𝕚𝕤𝕤

Finding out that the late Queen Calanthe was my Mother threw my entire life into question. That was until I spent the following day with Ciri, just the two of us.

I learnt that we both love fruit, especially strawberries. We both love reading and we both used to wear our hearts on our sleeves until we both experienced something that changed us.

Ciri is my Niece. It saddens me to know that I never got to meet my birth parents, my Sister or my Brother-in-law. But, I can make up for lost time with Ciri.

I don't know what the future holds, but, I do know that I don't want to ever be apart from Ciri, wherever her and Geralt may go.

It's been a little over a month since the discovery. The following day, I overheard Geralt and Yennefer arguing on my way to pick up Ciri.

~

"I'm telling you, Geralt, she's lying!"

Yennefer's voice loudly speaks as I pass Geralt's room. Against my better judgement, I stop, listening in.

"Yen, Triss did a spell. There's no way she could have fooled Triss, Ciri and myself."

Geralt says, his voice sounding irritated as he defends me. I find myself smiling at this.

"You really believe this?!"

Yennefer exclaims and I sigh silently as Geralt hums.

"I have no reason to think otherwise. You didn't see her, Yen. She was conflicted over the knowledge, like she didn't believe it herself."

He says and I hear Yennefer scoff angrily before I continue on to Ciri's room.

~

Shortly after that, Yennefer packed up and left. I felt responsible for causing a wedge between Yennefer and Geralt and went to him to apologise after her departure.

~

"Geralt?"

I question, approaching him at the stables where he was, feeding Roach. He looks up upon hearing my voice.

"Hello, Y/N."

He says, returning his gaze back to Roach. I sigh and move nearer to him.

"I'm sorry, Geralt."

I say, frowning. His movements on Roach's head halting. He looks up at me, confusion etched onto his features.

"Sorry? For what?"

He asks and I sigh, leaning onto the stable wall.

"For causing Yennefer to leave. For being the reason that she left."

I say, shrugging. He sighs, shaking his head.

"You have nothing to apologise for. Yen was jealous. She asked me to choose between you and her. Given that you are Ciri's only family, I didn't choose her."

He says and I'm speechless at his words.

He choose me over Yennefer?

"Alright then."

I say.

~

Since that day, Ciri, Geralt, Jaskier and I have spent everyday together. According to Ciri, Geralt is thinking of moving on soon. Hopefully, I could join the trio.

Today, Jaskier went with Geralt to hunt our dinner for this evening. Ciri decided to stay with me.

It felt very weird knowing that I am a Queen. I don't feel any different.

"I wonder what it would have been like to grow up with you."

Ciri says, her chin resting on her hand as she spoke. I turn from chopping vegetables and shrug.

"Probably the same as growing up with your Grandmother. Only, she wouldn't have been prepping you for taking over."

I say and Ciri nods, smiling as she thinks of something else.

"If Cintra ever gets rebuilt, you're going to make a great Queen. You won't bend to tradition as Grandmother and my Mother did."

She says and I tilt my head, watching her as she helps with some of the vegetables.

She is right, of course. I won't be marrying to prove status or to have an Heir, I'll only marry for love.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm always going to be here for you, as will Geralt."

I say and she nods, smiling as she tips the vegetables she chopped into the huge pot.

"Dinner is served, m'ladies!"

Jaskier's voice rings out and both Ciri and I turn our heads to see Geralt and Jaskier standing a few feet away, a deer on Geralt's shoulders.

How long have they been standing there?

🐺

After dinner, I decided to head to the laboratory. I wanted to read up about Elders.

I must have lost track of time because it soon got dark and I found myself yawning.

"That interesting?"

I look up from the book I was reading to see Geralt. I smile at him.

"Oh, very. Listen to this, in every three generations, the first born Daughter will be the reincarnation of an original Elder. However, her Fate is not to remain with her family, but, to be raised as a mere human until such time passes that her powers present themselves. Amazing, isn't it?"

I scoff, slamming the book closed and dropping it onto the table. Geralt hums, amused.

"Elders and their prophecies."

He says and I find myself giggling at his attempt at a joke.

"The only good thing to come out of this whole mess is a beautiful Niece."

I say and Geralt's mouth twitches up into a smile.

"Thank you, Geralt. Because of you, we got the chance to meet each other. We're alive because of you."

I say and he looks at me, an unknown expression on his face. Though, it seemed familiar in a way.

"Ciri adores you. Jaskier does too, though, he won't admit it."

He says and I tilt my head to the side.

"And you? Do you think I'm being truthful? Honest?"

I ask him and he doesn't reply. He approaches me slowly. He stops once we are chest to chest and gazes down at me.

"When you're with Ciri, the other Witcher's and Jaskier, your heart is stable. When you are with me, your heart hammers out of your chest. I think I know why."

He says. His eyes lock me in place. His hands come to rest on my arms.

Suddenly, he's leaning in. He doesn't wait before he presses his lips to mine. Surprisingly, they are soft and warm.

I cup his jaw as his hands move to my waist. Eventually, we have to pull apart for air.

It's silent for a little while, only our breathing to be heard.

"Was your assumption correct?"

I ask him curiously and he hums, looking me in the eye.

"Definitely."

He says and I smile.