Chapter 1

Bells toll as the bright room adjusts for us to see a man stood and staring out of the window within the room. Hands held in his pockets, as he let out a deep breath of air.

"Groom, the bride is ready." A woman spoke from the now opened doorway. 

The man slowly turned to face her, a light smile on his face. Even to this day, he still dreamed of those days. Even more so, the day that brought them together.

~~~

"Barbecue beef burger, hold the beef." A voice spoke in the cafeteria.

"Sure thing." The lunch lady responded, not bothering  to ask of the weird order.

'You'd think the cheapest item on this cafeteria's menu would be rice, but no.  According to my calculations, if you subtract 200 yen for the beef from the barbecue beef combo, and you get rice plus miso soup and pickled veggies for the price of rice. You get free, unlimited water, too. School cafeteria for the win.'

This young man is Futaro Uesugi, the top student at Asahiyama High School. Not to forget he's a complete dunce when it comes to social interactions. 

As he walked to his usual spot, he could hear the chatter from other students involving him. Not that he cared.

Soon enough, the table was found as Futaro went to place his tray down, another tray bumped into his, making him look up at just who was trying to take his spot.

"I got here first. The next table over is available. Move, please." The girl spoke.

"Yeah, no way. I sit here everyday. But you're more then welcome to move over." Futaro retorted.

In the end, the two sat across from one another.

'That's definitely not our uniform. I wonder if she's a transfer student.' Futaro thought to himself as he got a better look at her. 

"Look, a girl is sitting with Uesugi-kun." A random girl spoke.

"For real? Yikes!" Some dude responded, thought Futaro paid them no attention, though he could see the girl was a blushing mess.

'No one forced you to sit here...' Futaro thought, before his eyes landed on her tray. 'Geez, that's over a 1,000 yen worth of food...What are you, rich!?' He couldn't help but think.

"Time to eat." She spoke to herself, hands held together before she dug in. Eventually, she looked back up to see Futaro reading note cards. "Mind your manners. Studying in the middle of lunch?"

"I'm reviewing my exam." Futaro stated, not taking his eyes off the cards once. Hearing this, a smirk comes across the girls face.

"You must be pretty screwed. What did you get?" She asked before snatching the paper sat on the table. "Let's see, Uesugi Futaro-kun. You scored..." Her eyes widened at seeing the score. "O-One hundred!?"

"Oh man, that's embarrassing."  Futaro sarcastically stated, as the girl began to pout whilst sporting another blush.

"You showed me this on purpose! You-"

She was interupted as a loud bang was heard just outside the cafeteria. It seemed to get the attention of the whole room, as the doors opened.

Walking into the cafeteria was a young man around Futaro's age, with long silver hair tied back and deep black eyes, to the point you couldn't make out the pupil within them. He wore the student uniform, just with a long jacket that reached down to his knee's. In his left ear was an earing, attached to it was a roaring dragon head.

As he walked, the people around muttered to one another. 

"It's Ryuuji..."

"Is that another bruise on his fist?"