Chapter 5

The sound of childs laughter filled the area near the care center.  Itsuki could hear it as she walked the sidewalk. Soon enough she reached the front door, ringing the doorbell at the front.

"In a moment!" A voice called from within the building. Soon enough, the sound of the door unlocking was heard, before said door opened. "Hi, how can I help you?"

'This...is this Lady Asuna?' Itsuki thought to herself. The woman was very beautiful, Itsuki would admit, but she couldn't be distracted right now.

"Yes, I'm looking for Ryuuji-kun, my father told me he lives here." Itsuki explained.

"Your father...? Oh!  You must be one of Maruo's daughters." Asuna said with a kind smile.

"Y-Yes, that's right. Nakano Itsuki, nice to meet you."

"Takahashi Asuna, a pleasure. You're looking for Tenjin, huh? Well come on in." Asuna opened the door widened, stepping to the side to allow entry. Itsuki was unsure at first, but the warm smile Asuna gave her was enough.

She entered the building, noticing the vast room it had immediately.

"Follow me, I'll take you to Tenjin." Asuna led Itsuki through the building, making some small talk. "Goodness, that boy. So many people call him Ryuuji now, it's like they completely forget his real name."

"W-Well, he told me to call him one or the other, so I suppose I chose Ryuuji in the end." She stated.

"I see. Tell me, how are the tutoring lesson's going?" Asuna asked, making Itsuki falter slightly.

"T-They're going great! Ryuuji-kun has been a big hel-"

"There's no need to lie to me, Itsuki." Asuna interupted. "You can tell me the truth."

"Huh? Well..I suppose it's been a bit rough, but neither Ryuuji-kun nor Futaro-kun are giving up."

"I see. Sounds just like those two." Asuna said as they reached the backdoor. Both exited to see the backyard filled with children. Amongst them was Ryuuji himself, chasing the kids. It seemed like they were playing tag.

"All these kids..."

"I don't know if he told you or not, but this used to be an orphanage. Though about six years ago, I changed it to become a childs care center for those with nowhere else to go. Omo and Tenjin are the two oldest here, so they see it as their jobs to help protect the others.

Asuna pointed out towards the back corner, where Saru was with his own group of the kids.

"The two may have their own issues they try to deal with, but they always make room for the little ones, no matter what." She said with a smile, as Itsuki couldn't help but smile as well.

"Gaah!" A childs yelp could be heard, as the two turned to see one of the kids had fallen on the contrete floor section of the backyard area.

Ryuuji walked over to the fallen boy, kneeling by his side.

"You okay, Daisuke?" He asked, helping the young boy to a seated position. Tears slowly streamed down his face, as both his knee's were now scraped and bleeding.

"R-Ryuuji nii-chan..." The boy called out to him.

"It's okay, I'm right here." Ryuuji soothed the boy, before turning to the nearby children. "Momo, head inside and get me some bandaids and a wet cloth."

"Okay!"

The girl passed them and headed into the house, while the two watched the scene from the shaded patio.

"Believe it or not, but Tenjin used to be the most unsocial boy here." Asuna told her, shocking Itsuki.

"Really? I wouldn't expect that from Ryuuji-kun." That earned a giggle from Asuna.