-8-

December 17th, 1984

DJ's Point of view

Christmas was so soon. I wasn't sure if the thought was exciting or depressing. I'd have nobody to kiss under the mistletoe this year...

Jimmy came up from behind me and put an arm around my waist, startling me a little. "Whatcha doing?" He asked.

I whipped my body around so he would let go. "Do not touch me." I snarled. "You wrecked my relationship. I hate you."

He looked around the room, and seeing nobody was there, he chuckled. "You should be nicer to me, you know."

He started stepping closer to me, making my pulse throb. "Back up, you prick."

He didn't move. I was so much smaller than him now. "I can't have him think I did all that for nothing..."

I knew "him" was referencing George. I was so scared of what Jimmy was gonna do to me.

I was able to slap his face as hard as I could, but he recovered a little quicker than I expected him to. His eyes went dark, and my chest grew heavy.

"You asked for it." He dove his nose Into my neck and started sucking on it. It felt strangely good, so I let a moan slip just as a familiar face appeared.

Damn it.

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to look at George in the face. I felt so awful that his mouth felt good on my neck and my face probably showed that I liked it. but I didn't want Jimmy the one to be doing it.

I hated that it was pleasurable. I wish it wasn't. I wish his big hand didn't feel so attractive on my hips. I must've been sex-deprived or something because otherwise, I might've not found this so nice.

George walked away, and I could tell from the footsteps that faded away. Jimmy pulled off of me but left his hand around my neck. "See? Wasn't so bad, was it?"

I wanted to cry. So that's exactly what I did.

I ran away to my room and sobbed into a pillow. I knew there'd be a hickey mark, and I was just devastated.

I saw out of the corner of my eye that Amanda had walked in and shut the door. "DJ! Oh my, what happened? Come on, tell me..."

I continued to sob into the pillow. She sat down next to my legs and rubbed my back. It was kind of soothing, so I let her do it. A few minutes go by, and I sit up to speak. However, I didn't need to do much talking. When she must've seen a hickey, she gasped. She even touched it with her thumb. "Oh, girl..."

My head fell onto her shoulder as I began to cry again. She rubbed my head and comforted me. "DJ, we have to tell somebody. Honestly, it might be good to tell, I don't know, everybody? Especially George."

She stood up with her hand in mine. But before she could reach for the doorknob, I screamed. "No! Amanda, please!"

She was stunned. I must've seen a little crazy. She slowly walked back to me and sat back down. "O-kay... so we're not doing that, I guess."

I think she understood I just needed to cry for a while. Amanda didn't leave, but she sat next to me while I cried for a while.

George's Point of View

I was walking back to my room, hoping nobody was there.

But I heard crying coming from it once I reached the door.

I was thankful the door was shut, and if I hadn't recognized the cry as DJ's, I would've walked away and returned later.

"I feel so alone." She said.

"You are absolutely not alone." Somebody else said. I couldn't quite tell who it was. "If he just knew that, you know... I'm sure he'd stop ignoring you."

If I knew what?

I decided to stop listening to the conversation. I'm sure I'd be in a bit of trouble if I was caught.

In fact, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Jeena staring at me with a disgusted look. "What are you doing? Have you come to your senses?"

I just stood there staring at her like a weirdo. I really didn't know what to say.

"You're an asshole." She pushed passed me into the bedroom and slammed the door behind her. It made me flinch.

I put the notebook and a pen under the couch, where I slept. I walked over to the living room and pulled it out.

17/12/1984

I heard more crying. Have I really affected her that much?
It hurt my soul to hear such a distraught sound. Sometimes I wonder if I should just get to the airport (which would be a very long journey) and get back to England to stay with my family for the holidays. Speaking of, they've never even met DJ. Nor do they even know we're broken up. Again.
I know my mother likes DJ, and so does my dad, but I don't talk to him as much about her as I do with my mum. I've been thinking about going to see them again. Mainly so I could have them meet DJ. But now there's not really a purpose in bringing her over if she means nothing to me anymore.

DJ's Point of View

12/17/84

I forgot about this "diary" that I have. I found it in my backpack. I figured writing in here could let off at least a little stress. A lot has happened... for starters, George and I have broken up again because he thinks I cheated on him with Jeena's brother. News flash: I didn't. He took advantage of me. He just so happens to be a couple of inches taller than me and has much more muscle. He's really starting to scare me. He used to be like my own little brother, and now he's just a scary stranger who's hurting me. I don't want him dead, but I sure want him gone.

I slammed the notebook shut out of anger.