-11-

12/25/84

It's almost time for dinner. Afterward, I think we're going to open presents and then watch a Christmas movie, or something. I'm really hungry, and the smell of the food without being able to eat it yet is almost killing me. The sun is starting to set and the view outside is perfect. It's snowing, the mountains look almost cartoonish, and it's cozy in here. I could sit here all night and watch the snowfall. Besides the talking I hear outside of the bedroom, it's so quiet.

Jeena knocked on the door and came in. "Dinner is basically done. Are you ready?"

I bit my lip softly. "Yeah. I'll be out in a second."

She nodded and left.

Well, dinner is done. I hope things don't get awkward. I'm just expecting to have a fun time and some good laughs.

I sighed off the page and closed it, putting it on the bed.

I was a little hesitant walking out to the dining room. I think anybody would've in my position.

I sat down in a seat next to Jeena so I could talk to her.

"I can't wait for you to open what I got you. I think you'll love it." She had the biggest smile on her face.

"Well, don't let me drink too much. It's actually legal for me to drink here you know. I don't wanna get too tipsy before opening gifts."

"I'll try to stop you." She said.

When everybody sat down at the table, my mom made us go around saying what we're thankful for.

"Ma, this isn't thanksgiving." I said.

"I don't care." She left it at that, making everybody break into snickers.

When it was almost time for desert, and I forced myself to save some room. I didn't want to be too stuffed, even if that's what we're here for.

I had the broach on now, making sure it was noticeable. Jeena even complimented it, asking where I had gotten it. I explained to her that George was the one who gave it to me as an early Christmas present. She smirked, knowing what I was doing.

Jimmy was sitting on the other side of me, fairly close. I scooted my chair a little closer to him and he took the opportunity to put an arm around me. I looked up at George, seeing he was already looking over at me with an almost disapproving look.

"Okay everyone!" Jeena jumped up. "Who's ready for presents?"

George's Point of View

While everybody got settled into opening presents, Andy made me show him the music I wrote.

"Here's the lyrics." I gave him my notebook.

He analyzed the pages for a while. Seemingly becoming more and more hooked.

"Wow." He breathed. "This is... amazing."

I bit my lip and didn't say anything. "Is this supposed to be about DJ?"

"She sure inspired it." I scoffed, picking up my guitar.

"I figured. I mean, you haven't even known her for a year yet so I didn't know if this was about somebody else, or a made up story..."

"It sort of is a story. But I put my blood, sweat, and tears into making that song." I started plucking the strings to see if they were in tune. "Almost like Careless Whisper..."

He hesitated for a moment before speaking again. "You should sing this tonight."

I looked at him like he was crazy. "That is so corny."