40. Jail time

Little NSFW at the end of chapter.

--------------------------

"Halt! Outlanders are forbidden to enter Inazuma City."

Thouma talks to the Captain guard, "Relax. They are with Yashori Commission."

"Sorry, Sir. New orders from our superiors. No one is above the law. Men, seize them!"

Childe and Zhong Li are arrested on spot when they tried to enter the city.

Ayato warns, "Treat them well. Or you will mess with Yashori Commission."

"Yes, Sir. We are only following orders. Men, send them to jail."

Ayato sighs.

He says, "I will send a doctor to jail. Just hang in there. I will talk to General Kujou Sara. Maybe she could help."

Thouma chats with the guards and some money got exchanged. These greedy men nod their heads. They promise to treat these Outlanders well during their stay in jail.

A lot of inmates in jail. Some of them are definitely foreigners.

A blond haired guy yells, "Let me out! I'm innocent! I only came for trading!"

A middle aged man next to him warns, "Save your breath. They won't let us out. Beware. They might beat you up again."

"Kurisu, we are innocents. We only came to Inazuma to trade."

The president of Outlander Association sighs. It isn't the first time Shogun thinks to oppress foreigners like them. She seems to have phobia to Outlanders.

There's a huge ruckus from the cell next to them. It locked up some local folks who went against Shogun.

There are multiple blasts and fire burns everything around them.

"Not good! We will be toasted alive!" yells Kurisu.

Zhong Li commands, "Stand back!"

He transforms into his dragon form and bashes the iron bars. They got crooked and the hole could fit a person.

The foreigners escape through that hole.

Childe asks, "You okay?"

"Just some bruises..."

As a human, he is a salted fish with no ambition. As a dragon, he is a cool guy.

The lovers escape during the fire.

Some guards are fighting against a bunch of Treasure Hoarders. It seems they tried to free their friends earlier.

One of the Hoarders yells, "Don't be afraid! Lil Sis will help us! She's super powerful!"

The guards got defeated. All the inmates escaped safely. The prison got burned to ground.

It's a disgrace to Tenryou Commission. General Kujou Sara won't be meek against the escaped prisoners.

Zhong Li slumps when they barely leave the prison.

Childe squats and asks worriedly, "What's wrong?"

"I'm outta juice..."

His soul might be ancient dragon. His human body can't withstand the immerse power. He can't stay in his dragon form too long.

Childe orders, "Hop on. I'll carry you."

"No. You're still injured."

Childe helps his lover to walk. They have to leave before the guards catch up with them.