April 16th, 2022

What is happening Magnusites? Today, I have a brilliant idea for a new book, and I wanna thank TaikixWolf for the inspiration. This book is gonna serve as an alternate timeline for the first film of the Kung Fu Panda series. In this timeline, Po is merely a student who is taken in by Shifu with the approval of Master Oogway. And Po is not the prophesied Dragon Warrior here. As you may know, Tai Lung was not worthy of the Dragon Scroll either. But there is someone who is worthy of becoming the Dragon Warrior and learning the secret of the Dragon Scroll. This particular individual is a legendary warrior who was close to Tai Lung before the snow leopard's betrayal. His name is Wei Cháng. Wei Cháng is a white tiger whom Tai Lung found when he was 16 years old while Wei was only 3 years old at the time. Wei Cháng and Tai Lung grew close to each other and even respected each other's abilities. The Kung Fu forms that Wei Cháng learned were the Tiger and Leopard styles. Shifu taught Wei Cháng Tiger style, while the young tiger learned Leopard style from Tai Lung whom he loved like a brother. But when Tai Lung betrayed Shifu, he unknowingly betrayed his little brother as well. Tai Lung tried to take the Dragon Scroll by force, but Wei intervened and was able to stop him. While Tai Lung was taken to Chorh-Gom Prison, Wei left the Valley of Peace for he was heartbroken by his brother's betrayal. One thing that sets Wei apart from Po and the Furious Five is that he has his own unique fighting style. Instead of the traditional Kung Fu forms, Wei Cháng is a master of Jeet Kune Do, a hybrid style that he learned from Liu Kang; a black panther who lived in the Wu-Dang mountains. Learning this style helped Wei to let go of the past and move on since his original style brought back painful memories of his former brother. What Wei doesn't know is that he is worthy of the Dragon Scroll, and it is his destiny to stop Tai Lung.
However, Oogway saw something else in the young tiger: a warm and pure heart that possessed love that is powerful enough to provide warmth for even the coldest of hearts. Tigress is a powerful warrior, but her closed off heart is cold as ice. She needs love outside of her own family. Shifu held this belief within himself over the years that he spent training the Five. But at the time, he didn't know anyone who could help Tigress open up her heart and thereby teach her that embracing one's feelings can make them stronger than ever before. Yet, Oogway knew that Wei Cháng is capable of accomplishing such a monumental task. So she doesn't know it yet, but Tigress is destined to become Wei Cháng's mate. If anyone can help her embrace the strength of her emotions, it's him.