𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

"ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ."

"ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʟʟᴇɴs ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ."

"ᴏʜ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ, sʜᴇ's ᴀ ᴅᴏɢ ɴᴏᴡ."

[Bella and Charlie's police uniforms^]

☀︎︎ THE EYES on me seem to be endless, I feel anxiety building up from my toes and into my hands, making them shake slightly. "Hello again, I would like to say it's great to see you all but that would be a lie." I stare daggers into Edward and he sinks into himself a bit.
"H-How did this happen?" Alice says, breaking the Cullens
new-found silence. "Let's save that for another day, Bring it in pixie." I open my arms to her, which she happily accepted, jumping into them. "I missed you." I breath in her scent it's not a particularly appealing scent, but it brings me a sense of comfort I haven't felt in years. I let her down and turn to greet the rest of the coven, but purposely pass over Edward. "Carlisle and Esme, it's great to see you both again." I shake, their hands but Esme pulls me into a hug which I accept. I greet jasper and Emmet before setting my sights on Rosalie. My heart stops, the need to grab her and run away to a different world takes over, and I'm sure my face has a shit-eating grin on it. My beast urges me to kiss her here and now and profess my love to her and everyone else in the world, but my more logical side tells me to keep my cool and impress her in a less serial-killer way. "You are just as beautiful as before you left." My beast purr's happily but the other folks don't seem as happy.

She hasn't aged a bit. 'No shit dumbass. She's a vampire, remember?' My mind chastises  me. Her yellow eyes shine in confusion, they seem to be in an intense battle and the shine quickly dissolve's before she regains control. "Keep that dog away from me." And with that she leaves, stepping back inside their overpriced home. My heart falls and my beast no longer feels giddy, the sensation of euphoria passes and I am left with a hole in my chest the size of a gunshot. My pack tries speaking to me, spewing words of encouragement, but the words are muffled and my face is sullen. The only word I can hear is my consciousness calling out to her.

Rosalie...

Rosalie?

Rosalie!

Rosalie.

My pack pulls me away and Sam forces me to shift. They lead me back to the res.

⭒☆━━━TIME SKIP━━━

The pack is in shambles. Sam, the man who always seems to have a plan is clueless. Jacob, someone who can always make them laugh and smile is abnormally silent, all because of me. The pack can feel and hear my pain. Alice tried calling me but to no avail, my soul begs to see Rosalie again, just to be in her essence. I used to dream of having an imprint, someone connected to you and both made only for each other, but like always the universe fucked me over. I am stuck with a mate who doesn't want to see me and a soul that yearns for her. I've decided to stay in my shifted form, it helps me to feel connected to the pack.

My father runs over now dressed in some throw-away clothes. "Bells, i-i'm sorry this happened to you. You'll win her over I know you will, the Swan's aren't quitters." He runs his hand through my fur while signing deeply, searching for more words. "I'm heading back home, I know Sam will let you stay as long as you need too. But if you want, I'll drive you home and we can come get your cruiser tomorrow." I nod my head, and he runs inside; while I shift behind a tree, he comes back outside with my uniform in hand. Which I quickly put on.

I opted to take my cruiser instead, even with the constant urge to turn around and head to the Cullens domain, but I persist. My beast is quiet, and heartbroken, only whimpering occasionally as a sign she is alive. Charlie is speaking encouragement into the link for me to listen to as I follow him home. "It'll get better Bella, when we get home I'll whip-up some food for ya... and by whip-up, I mean order takeout." The joke falls flat on my end. I only hum in response. The rest of the ride home is filled with silence. When we get there I rush inside pulling off my uniform, and jump into bed. The aching feeling hasn't gone away, I don't know if I want it to either, I don't want to be left with just my mind, I was a couple of years ago, and I never want that kind of silence again. I decided to skip the
take-out dinner with Charlie, and sleep the day away repeating the same mantra. 'It'll be okay. I'll find a way to win her over.'

⭒☆THREE WEEKS LATER

Dad of course, went back to work eventually. He tried to help, but he had never felt the pain of being rejected by your soulmate; but it was a kind gesture. Alice came over and talked with me, but every conversation on my side had fallen flat. Jacob of course, tried the same but had gotten nowhere. Sam was the only one successful in getting me to interact with the outside world. He came around the second week of my heartache and talked, opening up about the thought of losing Emily and all the trouble they've faced. He forced me to leave my bed and go on patrol with him obviously avoiding the Cullens territory that day. But after a while he told me I had to get back to work, not spoiling me with compliments, but hitting me with the truth.

⭒☆━━━TIME SKIP━━━

It's my first day back to work today, so I can put the pack at ease. My beast and soul still call out for my imprint, but I always stall them by repeating my mantra. I did my usual routine of giving out speeding tickets and eating in at the lodge. (the diner.) My days almost over but before I can relax my radio goes off. "Swan, we got a problem at the Cullens home, they asked for you specifically." I replied with a quick 'okay.' not allowing my feelings to get to me in that moment.

The feeling of anxiety slowly creeps in as I drive there. Why would they need me? They're all vampires, unless something happened to Rosalie!
I need to get there fast. As I step on the gas pedal; it almost breaks under the weight of my foot.

✍︎︎END OF CHAPTER TWO✍︎

So... how'd you all like this chapter?

Sorry it was so short, school has been kicking my ass.

I also apologize for any grammar mistakes.

The next chapter will most likely be from Rosalie's point of view or maybe a mix of Bella and Rosalie.

Bye, see you soon.