𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀs ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ ᴀs ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇꜰᴛ."

"ʀᴏsᴀʟɪᴇ."

"ɪ'ʟʟ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴏᴠᴇʀ."

      ❀THE PAINTBRUSH almost folds into itself from the strength and grip I have on it. If my heart was still active and beating, it would've burst from the stress I felt. In all of my ninety years on this earth, I have never felt like this. I feel like I might drown in misery. 'You miss her.' No, I don't. I can't. Not possible. 'You can't lie to me; I'm your consciousness. No matter how much you try to deny it you want her; she is made for you as you are made for her.' I ignore my mind and turn my sights back to my painting; it's a woman sitting in the forest reading a book as it rains. Alice has been bugging me nonstop, attempting to make me talk to the dog. Which I refuse every time. I feel my sanity slipping away. I need something to hold onto, but every time the thought crosses my mind it leads me back to her. I can't help but think of her beautiful brown hair that has slowly turned jet black as the years go by, and her cheesy, uneven grin every time she makes one of her ridiculous jokes. The need to hunt her down and keep her by my side hasn't been helping either.
It's been a few weeks and in that time the only person I talked to was emmet, we've always been close. He's been trying to convince me I've made a mistake as well, uttering things like "Go get her." And "She's everything you'll ever need." I almost threw a lamp at him when he said that.

My hunting skills have gotten progressively worse, it's gotten so bad Emmet started to hunt for me. He kills the deer, then makes a show before giving it to me. He even bottled the kill, the first time I asked him. He said it was something he wanted to "remember forever." I left a semi-permanent mark on his face that day. I took up painting during my family's six-year hiatus; I always seemed to only paint one thing though, a beautiful pale woman with brown hair, and her platinum blond girlfriend. I knew what it meant; my consciousness was right, like always. I needed her more than anything, but the other part of my mind refused to accept that. The other side of me was convinced that this was some sort of a prank, and I agreed. This had to be a prank. How could she be my mate, we had seen each other before and I had never reacted this way; in fact, I acted the exact opposite.

⭒☆━━━TIME SKIP━━━

I hated even thinking about it, but I started watching Bella from a distance. I know, disgusting. I had to see her in some way without me saying/doing something irrational. So I'd stop by her house every few days, but my consciousness would always remind me how much like Edward I was turning out to be. The first few times I snuck over to be near her, I almost gave in and talked to her. But the sinking feeling of her knowing I had been watching from the distance like my brother had in the past, struck me to my core. I knew she would push me away; that she would feel so nauseated by the mere existence of me, she would run away, disappearing from my life completely. Shortly after, my hunting ability debilitated, my eye site and patience followed quickly after. Everyone who knew me knew I had paper-thin-like patience, but it had gotten undeniably worse. From breaking Edward's arm when he suggested he'd go talk to Bella, to almost ripping up one of my most prized car and driver magazines.

So when a random woman appeared wearing an impish grin and Bella's scent seemingly pouring out of her skin on our doorstep, claiming to know us and Bella. I lost it. I admit, I might have gone a bit overboard; all I remember is tackling the woman off the porch and onto the grass. After finally being pulled apart by my family, Alice races upstairs. I could hear her frantically spewing words to the police officer on the phone.

        ☀︎︎THE DRIVE THERE was nerve-racking, my driving was something even Edward and Emmet would be afraid of, but the only thing my mind was trained on was her. I pulled onto their paved driveway in haste, almost flattening their mailbox. I quickly stepped out of my police car and onto the Seemingly always damp grass; taking in the situation. The entire coven is in their yard, separating rose and another figure. "What the hell is going on?" The commotion stops as all heads turn in my direction. Carlisle steps up to speak, before getting cut off by a loud squeal. "Swan! Oh my god!" I stay planted to the ground as a woman attempts to tackle me. I'll add that to the growing pros of being a shifter. "Cross? What are you doing here? Where are the others? Are you okay? Are they okay?" The Cullens remained silent, but the look on their faces illuminated confusion. Diana finally releases me "Yes, they're hunting; they didn't wanna show up and scare anyone, you know how they get, and as for being okay? You might want to wait for them to get here." I look over to the confused vampires "I think I should explain this, when the others show up." they nod, but don't offer us inside, no matter how much Esme looks pained not too. I don't think I would've accepted anyway.

After awhile I see figures appear from the treeline; they soon take off into a full sprint. "Mom!" I hear the chorus say, as they successfully tackle me to the ground. "Hi'ya kiddos, I missed you, but I would miss you more if you weren't squashing me, and my good uniform into the ground." The word 'sorry' is passed around as they get up, helping me in the process. "What are you all doing here and what's going on? You need to return home." Noah is squishing himself into my side while the others stand to the side separated from the Cullens. "They found us. There is no going home." The news hits me with a heavy force and Diana's voice is sullen and quiet. We need Sam... And the Cullens. There's no way I can defend them by myself. I sigh and put my hands on my duty belt. "I need to make a few calls."

✍︎︎END OF CHAPTER THREE✍︎

this took an unreasonable a lot of time

i'm working on the fourth chapter right now.

I hope you guys enjoyed it.

see you in the next chapter.

Bye.