𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

𝑃𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐼𝑂𝑈𝑆𝐿𝑌...

"ɪ ᴀᴄᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ʙᴇʟʟᴀ sᴡᴀɴ ᴀs ᴍʏ ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ."

"ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ."

"ʜᴏᴡ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ sᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ?"

☀︎︎ THE LAST few days have been hectic. My pack has been living in my house as we fix it up and get it ready to sell. My dad and I called off work, and Sam's pack has been dropping in every once in awhile to help. Carlisle has been in charge of finance and legal matters per my request, so we haven't seen him much. Every once in awhile, when I can spare an hour, I go down to the tulip field and see Rosalie. She's usually painting or hunting, I even caught her reading once. We'd sit and talk about anything. I learned a lot about her in the last three days. I was a bit surprised by some of the things we had in common, like movies and songs. Edward kept me so separated from his family, but with Rose she'd tell me how Alice burned one of Emmet's games for a dare, or how she purposely damaged Edward's piano. I even kept true to my promise and stopped by to see Sam's pack when I had the chance. Carlisle finally got the house sold about an hour ago to a new family coming to Forks; he did a very lengthy background check on them, so no need to worry. My monologue will have to wait. My dads old friend John is retiring from the police force tomorrow. We both get the options for plus ones, and I think I know just the girl to ask.

⭒☆━━━TIME SKIP━━━

The drive to the Cullens home was a short one, filled with nervousness and radio music. I pulled onto the paved driveway and stepped out of my cruiser. The walk to the door was more stressful than the drive here, my keys clanging together with every step I take. I know they can hear me; hell, they probably heard me pull-in. But the Cullens where nothing but people of class and respect, so they waited for my knock, my signal, so to speak. My hand reached the door, and after one knock the door was flung open by the big Cullen; he smiles wide and steps off to the side to let me in. "Hey, Cujo." "Haha, very funny Hulk." We both look at each other before laughing. "When did you become so bold, bells?" He asks, walking away from the entrance and not even bothering to close the door. "Comes with the wolf gene, I guess." I say shrugging, and closing the door for him. "Interesting." He says, rubbing his hand on his chin like he's a professor or wizard of some sort. "Yeah, it is, I guess. Anyway, where's your sister?" He shrugs, and his hand falls from his face. "Which one?" He asks, looking confused. "Rosalie, num nuts. I'm here to see my imprint." He just smiles again and points up the stairs.

I walk past Emmet and up the stairs to Rose's room. I knock softly and wait. "Come in." I push the door open enough for me to enter and close it again once I'm inside. "Hey Rose." I'm nervous again and she can immediately tell. "Hello Bella, what do I owe the pleasure?" Her voice is soft and smooth, in an attempt to calm me down. "I know it's a bit late, but my coworker, John, is retiring tomorrow and everyone is allowed a plus one and I was hoping you'd want to go with me? You don't have to say yes. I don't want you to feel like you don't have a choice. I won't feel upset if you say no-" I am cut off by the sound of her sighing. "That was annoying but adorable. I'll go with you only to make sure you don't have a heart attack. I wouldn't want my mate dying so soon." I breathe a sigh of relief and smile before it falls again. She acknowledged the bond! A smile reaches my face again and it's ten times bigger than before. "Okay, wear something black. I'll be over to pick you up at six after my shift." I say, downplaying the fluttering I feel coming from my heart. I quickly leave her room and say goodbye to the rest of the Cullens before leaving and heading home.

⭒☆━━━TIME SKIP━━━

The next day went by quickly. My shift was over early, so I decided to change out of my police uniform. Charlie decided to wear his uniform to show unity, but I'm a bit new-school so I went with a simple black suit and tie. The drive back to the Cullens was relatively calm. Dad is already on the way to the station to help prepare. As I reach the Cullens door I hear slight arguing from the other side, the moment I knock it becomes incredibly quiet. The door is flung open by Alice, and behind the pixie is her kind mother, wearing the most intimidating face she can muster. "Hello ladi-" I'm pulled into the house by both women and pushed onto the couch as Emmet, Jasper, and even Carlisle laugh. Edward is nowhere to be seen. "Um... what's going on?" I ask as both women stand over me; arms crossed. "What are your intentions with my daughter?" "Where are you taking Rose tonight?" "Why are you dressed like someone died." A semi-loud smack is heard, I turn to see Emmett rubbing the back of his head as Jasper smirks. "1) I have no intentions except to have a good night. 2) I'm taking her to a retirement party of a work buddy of mines. 3) This is the only good suit I own and it fits the attire. 4) What's with all the questions."

Esme opens her mouth to speak but is cutoff by an angelic voice coming downstairs. "Leave my date alone. You're scaring her half-to-death." I study the pale legs and short black dress of my date before meeting her eyes. "Wow, you look absolutely stunning." I'm probably drooling from the way the vampires are looking at me with pity and amusement. "I know, now let's go. Don't wait up family." I stand up and straighten my suit-jacket before walking in front of her and holding the door open. Emmet makes howling noises as I close the door behind us. My cruiser is parked in the driveway, the lights still on inside. I curse myself for not checking before getting out of the car but continue the walk. I open the car door for her and close it after she's comfortable. I enter on my side and pull of quickly. "Wow, I wasn't expecting this from you swan." I look over at her in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask, before facing my head on the road again. "Chivalry. You've been a great gentleman and this date just started." I feel my beast smile at the compliment. "Thank you, madam." I say, smirking and the car ride is filled with meaningless conversation the whole way.

✍︎︎END OF CHAPTER SIX✍︎

Hello everyone...

I know it's been a bit, but I missed y'all.

So what did you think?