7. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝙽𝚘𝚠.

DINO.

"Don't Cry

"Don't Cry."

"I know I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a cry baby...I'm just a little overwhelmed," she dabbed her eyes with the tissue I'd given her.

"You feel a lot overwhelmed, don't apologize for it. You've been through a lot. Just from the stories I've seen through the media alone I can tell you've been going through it," I watched as she stared at her fiddling fingers. She's nervous to be around me, but little does she know I'm probably even more nervous. I just have a good way of hiding it.

"How you feelin about everything? What's goin through that mind of yours?"

She stopped fiddling her fingers and looked up at me with those dark hazel eyes of hers. She's truly a catch and ion know why anybody would wanna hurt her like she's been hurt. I noticed the budding bruises on her wrists. They're hand prints from where he squeezed them. My blood boiled at the sight but rather than getting upset in front of her, I just took her small wrists in my hands and slowly brought them to my lips.

She watched in awe as I brought them back down, slowly rubbing them in circular motions. I gazed into her eyes and waited for her to speak.

"Go on."

"I-Uhm...I don't know anymore. Im feeling a mixture of different emotions. Sad of how everything transpired, angry at myself for letting myself get to this point, worried that my personal life could negatively affect my career which I've worked so hard for. Angry that I still have so much love for De. Embarrassed  that I remained so hopeful for something that's obviously dead. I don't know, I just don't feel like myself anymore," she shook her head. She didn't cry anymore, but she looked drained. Like all the life, hope, and happiness had been sucked out of her.

"I know it's been tough, but look at me. Everything is going to be okay, ight? Listen Izzy, you're a soldier ight? You're gonna get through this, and you wanna know what? You ain't gonna do it alone. I don't believe anybody especially women should go through battles like these alone, imma be here," I told her as I continued to caress her wrist, trying to soothe the pain.

"No...no..don't. I don't wanna drag anybody else into my bullshit. It's not fair and you hardly know me," she objected. If only she knew.

"I don't care Izzah," I sighed. "Listen what I'm about to tell you is gonna sound a lil crazy."

She was puzzled but still listened.

"What is it?"

"I really think I was meant to be in your life. Im not sure what for but..i know im supposed to be here and this moment is supposed to be happening."

Her eyes beamed as soon as I said those words, as if she knew exactly what I was feeling.

"Continue...," she said anxiously.