13. XINA.

XINA
July 16, 1993
Raleigh, NC
9:30 pm

The past few days has been the most normal it's been in a while

The past few days has been the most normal it's been in a while. There hasn't been any fights, tension, health scares, nothing. Just work and business, like how it should be. The day after Iz left the hospital she informed us that her and De have decided to no longer be at odds with each other. They finally squashed their beef and have decided to become friends, apparently. There were mixed emotions from all of us when we learned this. I'm not sure if it's the best thing for her but if she is happy with it and it keeps the peace, then I'm all for it. Mani feels like it is a horrible idea, and Mina is neutral..as long as they stay friends. K-Ci damn near jumped with joy when he found out.

"Gah Damn FINALLY! I mean I'm sure it ain't gone last because De ass is crazy, but for now It's about damn time!" He cheered.

Jojo feels neutral about the whole thing, and Dal is a little on edge about it, but happy nonetheless. Really the only person who absolutely hates them even remotely being friends is Dino. The energy between Dino and DeVante has been extremely tense and awkward. It was like two lions constantly fighting for the attention of the lioness. All in all, things were a lot better than before. The only thing that is missing now, is my longing urge to branch off from the girl group scene a little bit.

So far I've written enough Tejano and English songs to make 2 albums. I still haven't told anybody about it, not even Dalvin but I'm okay with that. We have a lot on our plate with being on tour anyways. Speaking of tour, we'd just finished our show in Raleigh, North Carolina and are back stage wrapping things up. I decided to sneak off into the back lounge where nobody seemed to occupy the space, and practice on my most recent song. Sitting comfortably on the couch of the dimmed room, I placed my guitar strap around me and began to play and sing.

"Mira como ando mi amor por tu querer
Borracha y apasionada, nomás por tu amor
Mira como ando mi bieeeeen
Muy dada la borrachera y a la perdición

Túuuuu sólo túuu
Has llenado de luto mi vida
Abriendo una herida
En mi corazón

Túuuu, tú sólo tú
Eres causa de todo mi llanto
De mi desencanto
Y desesperación"

I stopped for a minute when a realization popped in my head.

"I really need a mariachi band for this song," I said to myself.

"You need a what?"

"AHHH!" I jumped back slightly in my seat as my heart dropped to my ass. I held my chest as I looked up at who had suddenly made their presence known.

"Tsss my bad Xi, I didn't mean to scare you," DeVante chuckled as he invited himself in. "What you back here doin? What was that you was playin?"