Chapter 4; Graduating

The next day came after Grey promised to show Eve, and Sam, around the city. It was a typical, busy day. It was a little cloudy, but the wind was moderate and still warm out.

Grey walks out of the apartment complex to the blaring city life. In front of him lay the sea of bystanders on the sidewalk, crowding along others on their own destinations around New York City. He hears the typical shouting and horns screeching to welcome his day. He looks back and rolls his eyes. He warns under his breath, and turns back around. "Remember, no magic."

Eve walks out after him and holds the door open for Sameer. She cheerfully replies, holding a hand to her heart. "Besides the charm on Sameer? I won't be doing any tricks or magic in front of people. Swear to the stars." She held one hand up and the other on her heart, smiling innocently as she could while toying.

They walk as Grey leads Eve and Sam. Together, they dressed more sharply than most for their casual weekend wear. Even though Sameer was cloaked, Eve put a bright blue bow around him like a collar. She made a smaller one for herself too around her shirt collar and bright vest, so that they could match.

When Grey went to pick them up, he absolutely hated how ridiculous they looked. Eve found it to be cute however, and Sam even agreed with his friend. Grey didn't want to be caught with the two. Luckily, one was supposedly invisible to others. He still could see the tiger whenever Sameer was close to Eve, which was the whole time.

Sameer acted so calmly and happy, even in a busy, loud atmosphere. He never took off or attacked small pets that walked by. Sam also understood, a lot basically. He'll eye something while walking, and nudges Eve to curiously gesture with his eyes to what he's fixed on. She sometimes stopped to show Sameer, and talk to him about what it was. And, like he knew, he would nod in understanding as she spoke.

Sameer stays between Eve and Grey onto the sidewalk to act as a small barrier. Eve had the charm placed over Sam prior, and no one looked at them funny. At least Eve and Agent Grey could still interact with him, and the rest of the world. They could go to the bakery and get something to eat at the park. Grey could also point out some of the 'agent spots'.

It had gotten busy just walking for a few blocks, but even the crowds of people didn't bat an eye to a tiger walking beside them. They never even ran into Sam. Grey stayed mostly silent to keep his reserve. Eve just hums in peace and talks to Sam, mostly about looking at something she wants to point out to him.

They reach the park, both Eve and Sameer look at the stretch of greenery. Grey is walking in front of them, as if to get their attention, and enters the park. They follow the agent as they look about at the plants, small venues, and people.

Eve goes away from the walkway and under the shade of a tree as Sam follows her. She places her hand on it, looks at it, and analyzes it with wonder. Grey suddenly stops and spins around when he notices she wasn't beside him. He quickly huffs over to her. 

Eve turns to Grey as he approaches. "Hm... See this tree?"

Grey drops his shoulders and looks at her with the most plain yet irritated look. He pointed out aloofly. "It's just a tree...."

Eve chuckles and Grey looks at her dumbfounded. She knows he's not getting it, or going to. So she explains. "Hehe, yes, but I can feel the whole tree, and the little connections it has to the bushes, and flowers around it. Some of the connections it has to other plants and trees are just from the different roots. This park is beautiful but the area is very new and not natural. The roots are less expansive than the ones to the trees in the desert-land. It's a similar height to the tree in my memories, however the roots haven't grown for thousands of decades. I can tell it's not even a hundred years or near that...."