Chapter 12; Uneasy Feelings

A successful takedown last night brought back exciting news the next day. Coming back to work, agents find themselve hearing about the latest mission, or sharing their experiences. Word started to spread about Eve's heroic deeds, especially. But, Eve seemed oblivious to the coworkers around watching her, curiously, and, or intrigued. Everyone goes on, rushing through the busy unit. 

Eve had gotten to work as usual. She sits at her desk, writing a report, as Grey left to get something for a mission. She was feeling good after last night. It was a lot better than her last few hectic encounters before that. Eve doesn't pay much mind to the office chatter. "Hi there. You're name's Maestro, right?" A voice calls out specifically to her, however. It was immediately unfamiliar, so she had to check who it was.

Eve turns, and gives a warm smile as two unfamiliar agents approach her. A male and female stand beside Eve's desk. They stood like night and day. Eve greets the contrasting pair. "Yes, that's me! Can I help you two with something?"

The male speaks up. He wore all black as his counterpart wore all white. He also has dark hair and skin. "Not exactly, but we were just wanting to meet you. I'm Sorlas, and this is Spirit. We heard about your work last night."

The female that was introduced as Agent Spirit speaks. Her silver bangs hid her ghostly pale face, but looked excitedly at Eve. "And, SAW too. Like seriously, amazing work."

Eve runs a hand through her hair, and light-heartedly chuckles. "Hehe, well I'm glad last night's mission was a success. Thanks."

Spirit gets in closer, almost like it was secretive, but she was too excited. "So, I heard from Blare you live with a tiger in your apartment. Is that true?- If so, like, how?" She said bluntly, but was curious. Most would naturally.

Blare must have passed on some tidbits around the office Eve's told her before. It's not like Eve's surprised, or seen it before. With her old life displayed online for all to see, even rebels could find out things about her. She shouldn't be surprised at this point what people know about her.

Eve giggles, waving her hands. "Oh, Sameer is actually super sweet and intelligent. He wouldn't hurt anyone, or even smaller animals. He's nice, and probably a little lonely with me not there all the time anymore. Heh, it's been a little sad not having him by my side, either."

Sorlas chuckles nervously, as he scratches his head, trying to be polite. "Aw, that's sweet. Probably for the best, though."

Eve chuckles lightheartedly. She couldn't contain her childish excitement, and her love for animals. "Hehe, of course. He looks like a tiger, but he has a heart of gold! He wouldn't do anything, just sit and watch me work." From experience, Eve knows Sameer's patience. He used to sit when she was heavily focused on a piece of music in the past.

Spirit looks curiously at Eve. Her voice goes excitedly in question. "So, are you, like, famous or something?"

Eve jolts and turns her head curiously. By the statement, she seems unsure she heard Spirit right. "Excuse me?" She asked, to make sure.

Spirit giggles, she didn't want to be wrong or bring up false information, but what she heard was too interesting to say the least to be normal gossip. "So, I keep hearing a bunch of things, and I'm wondering if they're true."

Eve looks away bashfully, but back at them, curious. "Um... Actually, what DO you hear about me." She wondered, not knowing what gets passed around, as people just talk about her, for whatever reasons.

Spirit thinks aloud, much less vaguely than before. She lists anything that sounded like it came from a few people. "That you're someone famous from overseas. You're a 'late bloomer', meaning you didn't get discovered, and learn about our existence till recently. You also have multiple powers, somehow. You also have a mysterious side with how you basically 'Indiana Jones'd' your way around the world, getting powers instead of treasures, and showing our research team, whatever that is..." The agent realized she was rambling and scratched her head, sounding more unsure at the end. However, it seemed fairly true. Just more vaguely put.