Chapter 9; The Sanctuary

Time had passed, days gone by, and little by little Eve's been adjusted to most of her work. Still head-strong, and vocal as she is. Eve was getting along with others. People sometimes flocked to her, having questions, and wanting to know interesting stories about Eve. She started to feel deja vu from being a music idol, just about her powers. And, her partner Agent Grey, could tell by how many people try to distract her from working.

Luckily for Grey, they get some time out of the office, and around coworkers, for a special occasion that'll take the full work-day. Eve had been getting excited, seeing that information about the sanctuaries had been popping up more recently. Today was the big day, and Grey only hoped for no troubles.

One was indeed excited to go. Another, not as much, especially now. Waiting in front of Eve's door, Grey could hear singing, running, and galloping from the other side, as he knocked on her door. Eve opens the door, and Sameer pops his head out from beside her. She looks up to meet Grey's eyes in surprise, then smiles warmly.

Grey's expression stayed cold and emotionless. He spoke just as monotone. "Ready for today?"

Eve hugs the edges of the doorframe with her hands and nods. "Mhm! Although... You're early, right? I thought we weren't flying till later?" She tilts her head to the side in question.

Grey shrugs slightly. He cleared Eve's wondering, and spoke. "Right, I just wanted to stop by earlier, make sure you and Sam are prepared. And, I hope you'll both be on your best behavior."

Eve opens the door more, acting coy. "Aww~ Don't trust us~? Hehe, don't worry. I'm just excited to go. Sam will be fine with me the whole time."

Grey observers them fully now. Eve put a large bandanna around Sam's neck in a similar color to her blue button-up. For a grown white tiger, he looked and acted like a big domesticated cat. Though, with his experience, Sam's definitely a ferocious tiger when it comes to attacking intruders.

Eve waves Grey in as he's looking between them. Eve closes the door as he slowly walks in. Grey wasn't doubting Eve fully, but he knows she's unpredictable sometimes. "Well, I wanted to see for myself. I suppose you aren't too nervous about seeing a new facility, even different creatures and plants?"

Eve shakes her head and smiles bluntly. "Nope! Heh, I'm trying to keep my excitement and hopes up so that if it goes wrong at least we tried being prepared. Not much, but if they try anything, one angry tiger, and one angry magician, doesn't 'spell' a quiet fight, heh."

And, the unpredictable worry came again. Although Grey was hoping it's just his worry, he really has to make sure she doesn't. "Uh, I think it'll be fine, Eve... Please don't try to fight anyone. I've only been there a few times, just briefly for missions. It's not like it's a bunch of small cages in the dark corner of a small facility."

Eve keeps a grin permanently on her face as she walks off behind Grey. "Funny, I thought they'd be like that, or at least some places in the government."

He stops looking at Eve and just coolly looks around, as if he hadn't seen Eve's place a few times before. "Well, sadly I've been to a few that do, they're not associated with the secret council, and sectors we're in. That's what the other part of the government does that we can't control their decision making. The one we're going to, they know of powers, odd creatures and flora. They try to keep them safe and hidden, away from the public that could use them for dangerous reasons."

"That's still sad for those sections that keep things in cages and tortured... But, hopefully that could be changed one day...." Eve mumbled as she lowered her hand to her heart, as it ached a bit.

To get the bad facilities out of her head, Eve changes the subject, and goes back to smiling. "Hey, want some tea or coffee? We have lots of time." Eve had already been walking before Grey even responded.