Chapter 58

Annie's P.O .V

« I have an idea » my boyfriend of four months said as he stared out of the window, the sun was shining and it particularly hot outside.

« And what is it? » I asked waiting for him to finish his sentence. Steve was a nice guy, I did know that he loved me and I ended up telling him I loved him too when I saw how hurt he'd look every time I didn't say anything back. But deep down, I knew that the only person who has my heart was the same person who chose to let me go a year back. It was selfish of me to stay with Steve and tell him I loved him back although I didn't mean it but I ignored that selfishness since I liked his company.

« how about we go for a walk in these woods that are behind your house » he stared at me like a little kid waiting for his mother's approval and although I wasn't found of the idea of leaving the house I still agreed to go with him.

Steve and I walked close to one another into the woods and the only sound that could be heard were the birds and our footsteps. It was peaceful, the trees were shielding us from the sun and the cold breeze that hit our faces was keeping us from feeling the summer's heat.

I closed my eyes for a second enjoying that peaceful moment when Steve posed holding me from my arm tightly. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and was about to ask him why he stopped but I didn't say anything when he frantically put his index finger on his mouth mentioning for me to not say anything, he looked horrified as he stared in front of him.

I looked to where he was staring and the second I did my eyes widened and a loud gasp left my lips, there was a man or should I say a corpse on the ground with a hole in the forehead, I could recognize that dead man, he used to be my neighbor but I haven't seen him from months. Just beside the corpse there was a tall individual wearing a black shirt along with some black pants and just when he heard the gasp that left my lips he instantly turned around, a ski mask was covering his face but his eyes landed on my figure as he stared intensely at me.

"Fuck let's go" Steve said panicking as he saw the man who now shifted his gaze from me to Steve, his eyes moved from his face to his hand that was tightly grabbing my arm.

"For fuck's sake Annie let's go" Steve yelled again as he shook my arm but I couldn't move an inch, my body felt numb and my heart twisted inside my chest as I kept staring at those brown eyes. After few seconds Steve stopped shaking my arm and backed away slowly as he kept his eyes on the individual, he didn't say anything else to me and simply turned away making me shift my gaze from that man to him to watch him abandon me there in the middle of the woods and run as fast as he could to save his life. The man stared at Steve as he ran away then looked at me who just stood there as if I was nailed to the ground.

Tears streamed down my face as I looked at his eyes and before I could control my body I walked closer to him approaching him as he just stood there unmoving watching me get closer and closer to his tall figure.

"Jay?" I asked as I was now few inches from him, my heart beats got faster as I kept looking at the only thing I could see from his features, his beautiful eyes. I could've been wrong, my mind screamed at me to run away, telling me that there was no way for Jason to be that close to my house, not after making sure I'd never come across him again but I couldn't stop my movements, deep down I knew it was him, I could recognize those eyes anywhere. I reached out to his face and I put my hand on his covered cheek making him instantly close his eyes before opening them again to look at me, his eyes too filled with tears and it was at that moment I knew for sure that it was him.

"It really is you" I choked out as I reached out to his ski mask trying to remove it but his clove covered hands grabbed mine stopping my movements, he shook his head trying to let go of my hands but I grabbed his refusing to let go.