Chapter Twenty-Three: Yelena Meets Kate

A few days later. Nat is waiting for Peter and Kate to arrive for training. Nat is talking to them first. Peter is a little late to the meeting.

Peter: Hey! First, I'm sorry I'm late! Second, I'm sorry I haven't answered your text these past few days. I've been busy.

Kate: It's fine. Don't worry about it.

Nat: Good, you're both here. Training won't be too crazy today but I do have an announcement about the Young Avengers. You finally have a leader.

Peter: Wow, that's awesome! We'll be a full team! Who is it?

Peter and Kate's friendship has been a little weird since they talked about Yelena. He's barely been texting her back. It's been a few days. She thought it would feel normal again once they got to training but it didn't.

Nat: Kate, get off your phone. Here's your new leader.

Peter: Yelena. Hi. I had no idea I'd see you again. Welcome to the team.

Yelena comes in and takes a seat at the table with Nat, Peter, and Kate. She's ready for the furniture and leaving the past in the past. Kate heard Yelena's name and she was lost for words. She was in shock. Why? Why? Why is Yelena the leader of the Young Avengers?

Nat: The Young Avengers for now will be a team of three. You will be sent out when we need you guys too.

Yelena: Hi Peter. Hi Kate. Ready to start fresh with the both of you.

Peter: Me too. I'm happy to see that you're in a better place, Yelena.

Kate: Are you kidding me Nat. Why are you okay with this Peter? Did you forget she tried to kill you? Are we all gonna forget she tried to kill Peter? I refuse to follow someone who was gonna kill one of my teammates and best friend. Like are you kidding me?

Peter: Kate come on.

Yelena: Well I'm sorry for that.

Kate: You're sorry?

Yelena has no idea what to do. She's trying. But was she wrong to do this? Was Nat wrong about this? Maybe she shouldn't be the new leader. Peter's okay with this. Why is Kate freaking out?