Chapter Twenty-Five: Forgiveness

A day later. Yelena and Nat go to get some drinks together. Nat wanted to see how Yelena was. Nat didn't expect it to go that way yesterday with Kate. She felt terrible. She wants everyone to get along. Hopefully everything can be fixed. Nat wants the Young Avengers to work.

Nat: How are you?

Yelena: I didn't expect to get emotional yesterday. But I guess I should consider her feelings as well. She's upset. Makes sense.

Nat: Do you need me to do anything? Should I talk to her?

Yelena: I think I should do this on my own. I think I'm gonna text her and meet up with her to talk.

Nat is so proud of Yelena at this moment. She knows Yelena is the perfect person to lead the Young Avengers.

Nat: Great idea.

Yelena: Trying to think more like you. You're a great leader.

The day after talking to Nat, Yelena texted Kate about meeting up and talking soon. Kate is with Peter when she gets the text. Peter has been annoyed with Kate but it's because of how the conversation with Yelena went the other day. Peter just thinks Kate had no right to say any of that to Yelena.

Kate: Go ahead. Speak your mind. I can see you're dying to say something.

Peter: I just don't understand why you were so angry the other day. Listen Yelena being our new leader was a shock to me but you had no right to say any of that to her. I think you should meet up with her. It was really nice of her to reach out to you after everything you said. I do think they should have talked to us beforehand. They just sprung this on us. But we shouldn't be fighting. We are a team.

Kate: Are you being serious right now?

Peter: Kate. If anyone has the right to be mad, it's me. Yelena was after me. Not you. I chose to forgive her. We need to move on. I do appreciate you standing up for me. It means a lot.

Kate: You're my best friend. Of course. And I do understand what you're saying.

Peter: So, for me, Can you make amends with Yelena? For the team. For yourself.

Kate: Fine. But that doesn't mean I trust her. I'm only doing this for you and because yes, I was a little harsh.

Peter: Fine with me. Who knows, maybe you'll like her.