chapter 17

taehyung is laying in jeongguk's bed after he took a warm shower, dressed in oversize clothes, snuggling closer to the blanket to receive more warmth while jeongguk is in the shower.

he can't help but to smile as he thinks about how well the day went and how sweet jeongguk was to him.

of course he feared that jeongguk would start being mean again. but jeongguk reassured him that he wouldn't and this time taehyung wants to trust him because this time it's different. he can feel that something is very different and that feeling excites him.

jeongguk steps out of the bathroom, wearing sweatpants but not a shirt, making taehyung blush and quickly look down at his own fingers, which doesn't go unnoticed by jeongguk who has to grin now as he walks to his closet to grab a simple white t-shirt.

"hey.", jeongguk then softly says as he's laying himself down next to taehyung now, pulling the smaller close immediately.

"hey.", taehyung responses, closing his eyes in enjoyment as his head is resting on jeongguk's chest, feeling the other's hand on his waist, giving him butterflies.

"are you alright?"

"mhm.", taehyung just answers. he's more than just alright.

"thank you for today gguk."

"shh, you don't have to thank me. that was the least i could do. you deserve so much more than that."

taehyung snuggles even closer to the other now, if that's even possible.

"you wanna sleep now?", jeongguk asks and taehyung nods.

"m'really tired."

"okay.", jeongguk whispers.

and the last thing taehyung feels is a kiss being placed on his hair, making him peacefully drift of to dreamland.

~

it's 4 am when taehyung wakes up because of a horrible nightmare. it was just flashbacks of that one night... the night he hadn't told anyone about yet and felt like he never could.

the reason he's scared of being alone in the dark.

hot tears are streaming down his face as he's trying to not make a sound so the boy next to him wouldn't wake up.

why me?

why?

i wish it never happened

he keeps crying, face burried in jeongguk's shoulder, for a felt eternity, before he falls asleep again with a heavy feeling in his chest and the feeling of pure sadness.

~

when taehyung wakes up the next morning, he looks around confused, noticing that jeongguk is gone.

he sighs sadly, feeling absolutely heartbroken to be honest.

he just sits on the bed for like 10 minutes, just thinking about where jeongguk could be since they have no school today.

but suddenly the door open and taehyung's eyes light up as he sees jeongguk walking in with a giant plastic bag in his hand.

inside the bag, there are smaller bags of the bakery which is like a ten minutes walk away from their school, but has the best pastry in town.